Vampire Academy movie review

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by isabbbela • Aug 21, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read the Vampire Academy book series by Richelle Mead a couple of years ago and liked them. Sure, they are not anything extraordinarily epic, but it's a good young adult fantasy book series.

When I saw there was a movie for this, I was excited... Until I watched the trailer. I'm sure they didn't have a big budget for this, but the trailer looked really bad. I wasn't too crazy about watching it anymore, but yesterday I wasn't doing anything and found this movie while browsing on Netflix. So I thought 'why not'!

My first impression was that it was indeed made with a low budget. But not as bad as I thought it was. I actually like the main character they choose, I just didn't like the guy that they chose to play Dimitri, which is one of the main characters. But the actresses for Rose and Lisa were pretty good.

I wasn't expecting to get to the end of the movie because I really thought it would be bad when I started. I'm not sure if you was because of the low expectations, but I found it really funny. I don't remember how true to the book it was because it's been a while that I read it, but I remembered a lot as I watched it.

Overall I do recommend if you read the book or if you are into the whole fantasy vampire young adult silly movies!