Give an Example of How God Helped You in Some Way You Would Never have Thought of Before He Did It

Discussion in Misc & Others started by mythman • Aug 22, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Because that is THE way that God answers prayers (that's HIS part of it anyway).

I realized that while thinking-over Lord Jesus's statement that 'God knows our needs even before we pray for them'; my brain concluded that 'God therefore has provided our needs, and that we simply need to see what He's provided to get the answer (the "yes, no or does-not-compute (yet)") to our prayers,' & that therefore our prayers are more like 'talking to ourselves, reminding ourselves to keep our eyes open for His direction."

So that's why I want people to make sure they focus on 'their need' (rather than "what they expect will fulfill their need"), keeping their sight open for more possibilities than they know.

I can't really think of any examples, which I think is the point---God affects people's minds to bring them to decisions that seem insignificant, having no noticable effect on anything momentous. But it turns out that 'those little decisions' are LIFE ITSELF.

One possible example: when I was young, I made a habit of slamming my head into things---not something I would encourage children to do (since I deal with some problems as a result), but something that TRAINED my brain to survive the reckless driver who slammed into me as I crossed the street one late October afternoon.

I had no real REASON for slamming my head into things (except what I might've heard about how vaccinations are actually weakened forms of the diseases they train your immune-system to fight ... figuring the same strategy could apply to 'physical dis-ease' as well), but was somehow in-spired to do it anyway :cool:

Can you think of some 'irrational inspiration' that proved to be a gift-of-God?