Stay Away From Frontier

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by wvboarder • Aug 22, 2014.

1. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Whatever you do when choosing your internet please stay far, far away from Frontier. Their internet is atrociously slow and goes out regularly. I was appalled that I was only getting about 114 kb/s and then went to visit some friends that were getting around 9 mb/s. I had been trying to download a game and the projected wait was 2 days and when I used their internet it was done in 22 minutes. Also, every time we have had an issue the only advice they have been able to give us was turn the modem off then on over and over. Terrible.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never use Frontier, but investing in them is another story. Their stock has been going up the past few months, and I've earned some money on that fact. It just goes to show that even a company that doesn't offer great Internet service can still be a worthwhile stock. It doesn't make much sense, but that's how some of these things work. I'd switch ISPs if I were you because 114 Kbps is unacceptable. I get around 30 Mbps with my current service provider, and that's over Wifi, so the wired speeds are even faster.