ALL Men Cheat: True or False?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ainjell • May 17, 2012.

1. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    I came across a video on YouTube where a young man speaks about how ALL men of ALL races, ALL backgrounds, ALL walks of life cheat. He also speaks on some of the reasons why women stay with cheating men. In the comments, you can see some people backing him up saying he is right. Others are claiming he is wrong. Then there are some who say women cheat as well they just hide it better.

I, for one, know what it's like to be a cheater and what it's like to be cheated on. I cheated on my ex for a good portion of our almost 8 year relationship. Why? He didn't satisfy me. He was a good friend to me (one of the best male friends I've ever had) but, in the bedroom, he wasn't doing what it took to please me. When I tried to show him, he got an attitude and, in the middle of having sex, just got up and walked out of the room. I guess his pride may have been hurt but how can you get upset when I'm trying to tell you what to do to please me? Instead of doing the adult thing and breaking up with him, I just began to allow other men to pursue me and I did my own thing looking for someone who cared enough to satisfy me.

You see, I spent a good portion of my life struggling with my sexuality. When I was in kindergarten I had a crush on my best friend who was a GIRL. I didn't find boys attractive but they were fun to play with (as a child). Growing up, I was VERY sheltered and I didn't know what being a lesbian was or what being bisexual meant. My parents raised me to believe that I should be with a man and that was that. So, what I was taught and how I felt inside were conflicting and for a good while, I considered myself in-between sexes; liking both men and women. With men is was more sexual and with women it was more emotional. I knew that I was attracted to girls and not boys. At the age of 15 my family relocated to Florida and that is when I learned of lesbianism and I realized that was me. I could deal with being with a man here and there but, ultimately, it was just sex with them and most of the men who wanted to mess around with me were married or had girlfriends. I believe everyone has had a "whore" phase in their life where they messed around a lot and made mistakes. Needless to say, I settled down with a woman for the first time and we were together 3 years. I loved her so much and I gave her all of me. I lost myself in her because she made me believe we were going to be together forever. A little after our 2.5 year mark, I found out that she cheated on me. I had a dream about it and the next day I asked about what she did the night before and she confessed that she was with another woman and that they'd gotten very intimate. When we broke up, guess who she went to be with?? Yup, the girl she was cheating on me with. It broke my heart and I spent months crying about it, but it opened my eyes to a lot. After cheating on my ex of almost 8 years, I realized that I could have easily just broken up with him. But I was 16 when I met him and I wanted to do my own thing. I wasn't mature enough to make that decision. He truly loved me and I broke his heart. Then, the first time I fall in love after him, I get cheated on. I'd learned my lesson. The pain of being cheated on reminded me of how my 8-year ex must have felt when I cheated on him. I realized she was my karma and that's when I vowed to never cheat again.

Now, at 28 years old, I see that women cheat and men cheat. There is no guaranteed way, anymore, to be with someone and know wholeheartedly that they will be faithful to you and only you. It breaks my heart because I used to be very open to meeting people and getting to know them with the hopes of establishing something deeper, but so many people want to do their own thing with no regard for the feelings of the person they claim to love that it's very disheartening. I need someone who is going to be faithful to me. I was always hopeful that there was someone out there for me (male or female) who will love me and cherish me and be with me and only me. This video discouraged those thoughts. I'm not so sure if I want to date men or women anymore. Perhaps being single and having God in my life as my man is the best thing I can do to ensure that my heart is never broken like that again. Who knows.

I'd like your opinion on this video and the things this guy is saying. Do ALL men cheat?? If you do, why? If not, what keeps you faithful and not wanting to be like other men who do cheat?? Is he right or wrong in what he is saying in this video???

[video=youtube;-8nofjB_wck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-8nofjB_wck#![/video]

#1May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  2. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    False. Although I'm sure all men have fantasies about other women, not all men follow through with cheating. It's ridiculous to say that all of any one group is the same and makes the same choices.

3. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    I guess cheating is a part of a boy's life. However, once he is matured and becomes MAN enough, that's the time that he will forget about cheating and will only focus on how he can show his love to the ONLY woman in his life. :eek:

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    No, all guys don't cheat. This statement is false because he doesn't know all guys, he doesn't know 1/2 or a 1/4 of all guys. People always say all people do this, and that's wrong. If you want to be truthful you should say all the girls/guys that I've been with cheat. That would be a true statement, but to generalize everyone it's just ignorant. I would say if the person looks good, there is a higher chance that they will cheat. Only because they have a bunch of options, whereas people who don't look as good, their options are limited. Making it easier for them to be faithful, but there's always an exception to every rule. You can't put everyone in a box and say, these things because there's no way to predict what people will do in that situation. Especially if they're from different backgrounds and nationalities.

#4May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I've never cheated on a girl. I believe in the treat others how you want to be treated. Of course some people will treat you like crap and yet I'm still nice to them. Karma will come back to get them.

6. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I think that not all men are cheaters. My husband is definitely not. He may fantasize about it but would never act on those thoughts.

7. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't agree that all men cheat,and yeah its false.I'm a man ,and i would never cheat on my wife :) !

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that all men cheat, if given the opportunity. I will even go as far to say that they will cheat with anyone that offers it to them. I have personally seen it. I have never seen a man say no. No matter who or what the lady is, unless they are in the movies.

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I think he should be ignored. Anyone who speaks in general terms about anyone or anything should really be paid little attention to. Nobody deserves to be boxed. We are all unique with different needs and wants, but respect should be there...and that comes when we grow up I think.

10. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in my life. It's also quite offensive, to be honest. That guy shouldn't be allowed on the Internet! Different people have different values. I would never, ever cheat on my husband and I trust him not to cheat on me. I would get a divorce before I would ever cheat. It's a big deal breaker to both of us and our marriage simply couldn't survive it. It shows that you really don't care about the person with. Not enough to stay true to them and work out any issues or sever the relationship if those issues can't be worked out. Of course, that's my opinion.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely not true, just as others have said. I'm sure it was just statements made for shock value and to get people to talk about this (and spread the links, etc)....instead of actually meaning that -every- guy cheats. Sure, plenty of them do....but plenty of women do, too.

12. Lucky120

Lucky120New Member

Threads:
    I can say that is false. I mean there are men that may have some type of fantasies like women do sometimes, but I am sure that they are not all cheaters. I mean there are a lot of men out there that actually appreciate what they have and they may have been hurt before, so they will not even cross that line when it comes to another relationship. I don't know what he is talking about, but I guess he is a cheater haha. Well he just told on himself with this video, but all men do not cheat.

13. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    If all men cheat then all woman are whores....not srs and no offense to any ladies in this thread.

14. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I think that anyone who is insecure with them selves is capable of cheating.They need to feel wanted and attractive. Male or female. I have a great man. I know he would not cheat because we are best friends. We talk about everything and spend all our time together. We are both confident adults who are comfortable with our own sexuality. If he doesn't satisfy we one night with a quicky I grab my vibrator and please my self. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to validate myself with another partner. I think that if you have a very open honest relationship you don't have to sneak around.

15. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I do not believe that all men cheat. Just as I would not say that all women cheat. Some people do and some do not. I think usually once a man or woman matures, they leave the cheating days behind. Hopefully anyway.

16. wahcashmom

wahcashmomNew Member

Threads:
    No, I do not think all men cheat! I do think they are thinking about it or even had ideas of doing it, but they change their mind and know it is not right. My husband is my best friend, and I have been with him for going on twenty two years and I know his mind and thoughts.

17. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    No, they don't. In fact, that is really degrading to men who don't. That guy who said that is obviously just a punk who wants to justify HIS cheating ways by claiming that all men cheat.

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think all men cheat, because a real man don't cheat. Because if he cheats he's still a boy in a man's body. He's grown up in age but not in mind. The ones that do cheat just have no sense of who he is and wants to prove to himself that he is a man. Because he is not proving to a lady that he is a man. A real man is very loving to his wife and or woman and do not think of that type of thing. I must say although, they are very hard to find, there is some real men out there. A real man is sure of himself and has high self esteem, holds himself up to the highest and never falls for the so call cheating like other men. So hey buddy, all men don't cheat. They are far and in between, but there are real men out there. I call the cheaters babies that has never grown up and never will.

#18May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  19. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    Nicely said my brother ! Long live the mans brotherhood !:D

20. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Anyone could cheat. I never have. I think it depends on the person and the circumstances. When my husband and I were first together his ex would stalk him at work beg him back and he would call me and say hey come up here so we can show her we are together. I think men and women can be faithful and men and women also cheat. It depends. I have always found that I see more cases where it is the man being unfaithful, I don't know maybe women do hide it better but not everyone cheats.