Are You Good At Walking in High Heels?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by AnonaMoss • May 17, 2012.

1. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Wedges are my enemy (no, seriously, they are!) I always manage to stumble or fall in them; which is why I have to wear flats. I have what some people may call "Knock knees". Because of my flat feet and knees I can't wear high Heels and wedges. :( Well, I can wear them, but I don't like plopping on the ground very much. It seems that every woman around me can do cartwheels in heels while I haven't managed the simple task of walking. Last week I wore a pair of beautiful 6 inch wedges and fell twice. It has gotten to the point where i've fallen so many times that i'm not embarrassed anymore.:p

Please tell me I am not the only one who has a bit of trouble with heels.

2. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    You are not alone.. :)

I am also a woman who usually wear flat shoes. I love wedges though, and I love to own high heels sandals but I barely use them. I just use them during special events.

I remember the time wherein I fell once while wearing high heels and a gown. A guy who always tease me saw that incident. Luckily, he is gentleman enough and helped me.. LOL. That's the only day that I am so impressed with him. Afterwards, everything is back to normal.

Since then, I never thought about wearing high heels again and walk like I am a woman who always wear high heels. :D

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I agree, you are not alone. I also struggle but I am okay with wedges...it is stilettos that kill me. I just cannot connect with those shoes. I wear flats daily...just more comfortable...and heels when I go out, but only modest heels. I am not willing to suffer for 'beauty'. I do love a good pair of shoes or boots though.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love walking in high heels. Although, I don't wear them as much as I used to. It takes experience and confidence to walk in heels. You have to "own" it.

5. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I not at all good at walking in high heels. Though there was a time that I was. When I was younger, I wore heels all the time and could walk in them with no problem. After not wearing them for years, I feel so awkward in them now.

6. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I have trouble wearing heels, especially when I'm walking on stairs or pebbles. I found found that pointy heels are the most difficult. I don't have any problems walking in wedges because they are flat on the bottom, making them easier balance.

#6May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  7. wahcashmom

wahcashmomNew Member

Threads:
    I used to be when I was younger, but now days I can not walk to well in heels. I just wear flats or dress shoes all the time now days, my feet hurt to bad to wear those tall heels and the price on some of those shoes are crazy!

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    If you have issues with them already, then you definitely shouldn't be attempting to wear 6 inch heels. Wear something shorter and focus on short balanced steps. You can't take as long of strides as you would in flats, so shorten it up and you might be able to walk a bit better.

9. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I do alright. I just don't wear them that much anymore. They just don't suit my style.

10. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I've had high heels on three times in my life and I'm not planning to raise these statistics up :p I hate them, I just can't walk in them, I feel like I'm going to bump with my nose into a pavement.

11. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I'm okay at walking in low heels. The long heel is very uncomfortable for me. I love heels. They always make me feel like I look good. Oh the stuff women have to do!

12. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    I know my wife ,and shes he hates high heels :D.

13. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Someone gave them to me as a gift and they were so beautiful I could not resist wearing them (lol), but generally I don't buy them for myself. :)

Thanks for the stories everyone. I really enjoyed reading your point of views!!

14. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Thus far, I have had no problem walking in high heels *touch wood*. I love high heels (my boyfriend is 6'4 so I like to wear them to, at least, be around his shoulder length ;) and wedges! I had a favourite pair that was in brown colour and it was not even expensive. I have no freaking idea where it went and I had it for almost four years!

It's best that you do not wear heels if you can't walk in it because you might fall and hurt yourself. There are plenty of gorgeous flats and semi-high heels out there.

15. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    High heels aren't for real girls/women's , real ones like the normal shoes,and normal clothing,just my opinion girls :p ,don't hate me :D.

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Ladies please put down those miserable heels. You know they are hurting your feet. And when you get to be up in age you are going to have a real problem with your feet. I use to wear them so I speak from experience. I have so many problems out of my feet and legs until it isn't funny. I only wore them in my 20s and 30s and I have such a problem right now. And I heard what a doctor said and I stop. Now I only wear what's comfortable for me. I do not care what the style or fashion is, but I can tell you that my feet is comfortable at all times and I look as good as anyone else. So there are nice shoes out there that can be as sexy as heels.

17. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't worn heels since I got pregnant with my first child and that was almost 4 years ago. I do like them and I think I can walk pretty decent in them but they are just not for running after your kids in.

18. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love the way high heels make legs look, but I unfortunately don't do good with them either. I tend to trip over my own feet. I used to wear small heels but when I had my son and had to be carrying him and the diaper bag etc, I was always scared to fall with him so I began to wear flats. I am so used to flats now that when I do wear heels, I can only wear them for a short time because my feet begin to hurt.

19. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    You know what it took me some practice but yes I can walk in high heels good now. AT first I would avoid getting heels that had anything higher than 3 or maybe 4 inches. However, my husband brought me a beautiful pair of shoes and I hated that I could not walk in them. One day I just said I am going to go for it. It was scary but I managed and now I am just used to them. I can wear 5 or 6 inch heels now when I want to look sassy :)

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I hope you are ready for arthritis. Later in your life lady your husband is going to be walking just perfect and you are going to be hopping around like an old lady that can't half walk. Yes it is nice to look pretty but the health problems down the road isn't so pretty. It was nice of him to buy you some but you should have told him why don't you try walking in these heels every day and see how you come out. If I were you, I would always have a second pair of shoes with me at all times and just wear them when need be. Save your feet and legs young lady, you will need them later in life.

#20Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012