Mattress shopping

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Strykstar • Aug 26, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone got any tips to keep in mind when going mattress shopping?
    I know this is one of those items you can't skimp on, but there must be some key points to keep an eye out for.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's very important to buy the mattress in person, versus buying it online. Everybody's very particular as to how they like their mattresses. For example I like it medium soft, not too hard, not to soft. My mother for example has a really hard mattress because she doesn't like soft ones. So that's the first thing to consider. Second thing is quality. You spend at least eight hours a day laying down on that, so it's important to have something with good quality. There are other things you can save money on, a mattress is not a good idea. Unless, of course, it is good quality and on sale.

3. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We just purchased a new mattress a couple of months ago and we did tons of research. We usually keep our mattress about 8 years so we wanted to be absolutely sure! We ended up getting a memory foam mattress and we love it. We are both very pleased and have had great nights sleep ever since we got it. We purchased it from Groupon actually!! We tried out the mattresses at a local store and picked what we liked and got it on Groupon for more that half off!!! Love saving money any way we can these days. It is worth looking into :) Happy shopping !! :)