Watch or Be on a gameshow?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wvboarder • Aug 26, 2014.

1. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I was wondering whether you would rather watch a game show or actually participate in one. Which one would you choose if you could? I think my odds would be good with "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?". At the risk of embarrassing yourself on live TV would you take the risk?

2. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    I would love to be part of the game show. Specially a game show that is based on general knowledge.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would want to be on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", I think it's such a nice and exciting feeling to be able to increase your money by large increments as time goes by. Plus the prize is quite large too, you just have to be brainy and lucky to win the grand prize.

4. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I am definitely smarter than 5th grader, but I do not want to go on a show to prove it. I am fine shouting at the dumb adults who go on the show. To be fair... I believe these 5th graders receive the topics in advance and the adults do not, so there is no time for them to prepare. I have my doubts on all these game shows, except for Jeopardy. You certainly have to be a bright person to be successful.

5. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    All it takes is one question on most of these game shows to completely ruin your chances of winning. Ever sicne the popularity of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire! There seems to be a bunch of shows where the stakes are raised, but your chances of winning are drastically lowered. If you mess up on one question, say bye-bye! That's no fair!

At least on Jeopardy you can't really lose unless you risk it all in the final question. Shows like "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" just make me lose faith in humanity LOL