Bread Making Machine

Discussion in Food & Drink started by prettycolors • Aug 28, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I keep seeing bread making machines sold in the supermarkets I visit. Now, bread is not that expensive for me to go through all the trouble of baking at home, but its quality is my main concern. When I was little bread was more consistent, these days it's too fluffy and full of additives. If in the past I could eat just a little bread and feel satisfied, today I must eat a lot since eating a little feels like I'm eating none, it's lacking consistency that much.

Anyone here tried bread making machines? How are they.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been through three of them over the years, and returned them all. I was never happy with the texture of the bread they produced. It always came out heavy and dense, with a texture more like cornbread than like a chewy airy loaf of bakery bread with a soft interior and a crusty shiny exterior. The shapes of the loafs are rather odd too in most cases, often coming out as a giant tube. It's workable, but not ideal. Plus, keep in mind, that you will need some containers or bags to store the bread once you make it otherwise it will go bad even quicker. I think one of the main things I got frustrated with was that I was wasting too much time, and too much on bags of flour and fresh yeast, only to get one bad loaf after another from the machines, and I still ended up having to buy loaves of bread from my bakery in the meantime.