Do you clean your house/room every day?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by beccagreen • Aug 29, 2014.

1. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I just wanted to know if anyone else do what I do, I mean clean The House every day. I don't know why I do it, the house I'm living in is really small and I'm the only one living on it so there's really not much reason to clean it since there's not much to clean in the first place but I still do it. I spend like an hour a day just dusting stuff and mopping the floor.

2. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I tidy up my room on a daily basis, usually in the morning. I just find it more convenient to do it like that, than to make a huge mess and spend hours cleaning it all up. So when I wake up, I do my morning routine and then clean up the floor, table and make my bed. It became a habit of mine (thanks, grandma!), and I really like it that way.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Clean my room, the kitchen and living room, I always do that everyday. But the rest of the house? I'll only clean up the rest of the house when I know I'm receiving some guests because rooms whether they are used or not will get dusty. Got something to do with dust being in the air or something [I don't know].

The reason my room and every other place I use frequently has to be tidy is because cluttered up places make me feel depressed. To avoid that, first thing I do after waking up, is clean and tidy up the place.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    The kitchen daily - grease gets harder to clean if you just let it sit, and since I cook daily, I clean daily. The rest of the house I clean twice a week - dedusting, mopping, vacuuming. Other chores like cleaning the windows or washing my carpets I only do once a few months. The exterior windows are hard to reach (and dangerous!) while the carpets I can't wash indoors so I have to pay, so it's cheaper to wash them just once a few months.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I clean the kitchen daily and mop the floors for the entire apartment daily. I also take out the trash daily and make sure the beds are made. I clean the other areas twice a week. The bathroom doesn't really need a daily deep cleaning, so I clean it twice a week unless something is spilled in the sink. It gets mopped as part of the daily mopping.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I certainly do! I look after my father as his carer and because he needs home dialysis the house needs to be immaculate or else the tiniest microbe can contaminate him and the machine. If you clean every day it isn't so bad as the house doesn't get too dirty.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I clean my living rooms,bathrooms and kitchen everyday. I tidy up my room thru the week. It so busy thru the week with the kids that I have to clean my room on the Friday of the week. But I do tidy it up thru out the week and I end up washing up clothing and towel items on Friday those are my wash days. I wish I could clean everyday if save me so much time from on Fridays

8. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I personally do not clean every day. I normally clean two to three times a week. It is only my husband and I so we really do not mess up a lot. The only part of my house that I clean almost every day is the kitchen. My husband loves cooking and he makes a mess when he does it. Most of the time we eat out.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No I pretty much do it every week or so or if I feel like it needs cleaning. I'm pretty busy person so cleaning isn't really an option for an everyday activity.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I definitely don't.

I do regularly clean and I clean some things almost every day (like the kitchen, after I've been cooking), but I don't clean the entire thing every day. I don't have time for that! And I don't think it's really necessary either.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live with my dad, so he's the one who sweeps the yard everyday. But as for the other people in here, they don't really clean the inside of the house, in fact the inside occasionally gets cleaned except for the kitchen. As for my room, I only clean it when I have too and I feel like it. I don't mind if things aren't neatly kept in there.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do a full cleaning of my place every day, that's usually something I will do on a Saturday morning. But I do clean as I go throughout the week. I mean, stuff like doing the dishes, and laundry as needed, and cleaning up after cooking, cleaning up my bathroom after showering, making my bed and such. I at least want my place to be presentable if I unexpectedly have people over after work, or something like that.

The weekends are when I will go further and clean all my hard floors with ammonia to strip away all the grease, dirt and other residues. I will vacuum the heck out of my carpets and floorboards, getting back behind all my furniture as well. I will Swiffer all my shelves and table tops for dust, scrub out my toilets and showers, clean out and reorganize my fridge, the whole 9 yards.

Then when it's all done, usually by noon, I will throw in a DVD or a movie, and crack open a bottle of rum and and enjoy some early afternoon cocktails. Then I will take a nice long nap for several hours.

13. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I used to try to clean my entire apartment everyday. Not only was it difficult to get done it also was absolutely no fun. Now I spread my cleaning out over the entire week and it has really been a lifesaver. Not only does my apartment look better than it ever did before the cleaning is contained to no more than 45 minutes a day so the time breezes by and in addition to having a clean room/completing a task I also have a sense of accomplishment.

14. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I live alone so I pick and choose what days I clean good. For the most part, I tend to let my mess pile up then really give the place a deep cleaning. However, I can only take so much filth before my skin crawls. The main thing I make sure I do is keep trash out of the house. I can deal with things being a bit out of order temporarily, but trash I can't tolerate. In addition, another thing is making sure you don't leave dirty dishes in the sink.

15. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I don't until I feel I need to. most of the time, its just my desk that's messy since its where I get to put most of the things especially the notes i write and some receipts and etc. Its the car that i usually clean because its where i get to discuss with my future clients :D

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have the time to clean my place every day, but I keep it tidy as much as possible. I have more than one job and am constantly in and out of my flat, often too tired to wash the dishes or sweep the floor until late in the evening. I usually have a multi-purpose cleaner and a sponge handy to quickly wipe over surfaces and keep my place as neat and fresh as possible, until I can properly attend to it at a later point in time.

17. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Growing up, I have always seen my mother cleaning our house every day. So, I now bring the same attitude towards housekeeping with me. It's a great stress-reliever for me as well. Even though I go home late, I still set aside a few minutes to at least sweep the house or dust the furniture.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I clean my house every few days but sometimes I get lazy and allow it to last weeks. I'm not too messy anyway so I don't build up too much clutter. My work sometimes gets in the way too as designing things usually crates a bit of a mess but those I tend to fix up immediately after working just because it's way too bothersome if I just leave it.

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely not... I live by myself and aside from doing the dishes and laundry I pretty much clean up every week or every couple weeks. I hate cleaning and it's such a huge sacrifice for me...

20. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I do touch up my house everyday. Like sweeping and dusting . But most of my work is don't on Saturday I like to mop ,wash cloths,bleach my bathrooms and refresh my rooms and guess rooms. Through the week I'm running with the kids and I don't have to do much of anything so on weekend actually Saturday is clean up day for me.