Tennis, badminton or ping pong - play any?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by prettycolors • Aug 29, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I was out shopping and entered a sports store. There I found some pretty cheap racquets for tennis, badminton and ping pong. Thing is, I'm a beginner when it comes to these three sports. If any of you has experience playing any of these, what would you recommend to a beginner? I'm thinking that tennis is pretty expensive to play, you need to rent a field or something. For ping-pong you need a table but badminton can be played in the street.

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Badminton is what I would recommend. Depending where you live, there are several Badminton courts where you can enjoy the sport and hang out with fellow enthusiast. Playing in the street for fun is okay, but you'd be more worked up in the court.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I play all three. The easiest to learn is badminton while the hardest to learn would be lawn tennis. I love playing lawn tennis a lot more as it gives you a better workout than take tennis and badminton as you would be moving more and exerting more effort in hitting the ball to the other side. However, the equipment that you would need is much more costly than badminton and ping pong.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I use to play tennis. I love this sport because of the physical benefits I get from it. It's a great form of working out for me. I never played tennis competitively. Only for fun and sometimes by myself. There isn't a place near my home where I can go and practice playing tennis. I have to travel at least 30 minutes to the nearest tennis court and none of my family members, friends or boyfriend want to play with me as a partner. I never really care for ping pong or badminton. It's okay but not as exciting or fun as tennis. Since you are a beginner, I suggest going with badminton. It's very cost effective and you can get started right away.