Re-heeling shoes and boots

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Theo • Aug 30, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you reheel your shoes or boots? With shoes becoming cheaper sometimes it can be cheaper to buy a new pair of shoes.
    If I have a favorite pair, I will have them reheeled. Usually if they have leather soles they can get worn out and have to be replaced as well.
    Sometimes I only need one heel replaced as I wear out my right heel more than my left heel as I put more pressure on that foot.

I do think it is more eco friendly to reheel and economical, but finding a good cobbler is another thing. I had a good one that would take care and fix all my shoes.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually, I wear all my shoes out, so much so that it isn't worth re-heeling them. Also, after a year or two, I usually get tired of my old shoes and prefer to buy some new ones. If older pairs are still in good condition, I will keep them until don't have any use for them anymore. The only exception are my German mountain hiking shoes. I have had them for seven years now, and they just keep on going. I have had new soles put on them last year, so I might keep them for another seven years. :)

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have only done this once and it was because I loved the boots so much and couldn't find a decent replacement, even after a few years. They weren't expensive shoes to begin with, but I really liked them, they felt really good, and they looked great, so I didn't want to let them go.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear heels enough that I've had to re-heel them. But if I do know how difficult finding a good pair can be for me anyway, and I would re-heel them to continue wearing them longer. I would do the same with boots, and I think its a great way to stretch out the lifespan of your heels or boots which can be really expensive.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I have worn my shoes down and they are in need of repair or replacing I re-heel and sole my shoes mainly because I have a hard to fit foot so when I do get a good pair of shoes that fit well I want to keep them in good condition and around as long as I can. Not only is it hard for me to find shoes I pay alot of money for shoes when I do find a pair that I like, I do not go shoe shopping often because it is so stressful to think about trying on shoes that I can not get my toes in most of the time.