Any Walking Dead Fans Here? Ready For The New Season?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ohiotom76 • Aug 31, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am totally stoked for this new season of The Walking Dead, especially after hearing over and over again that the first episode is supposed to be particularly gory. If you haven't seen the trailer for it yet, here it is:

[video=youtube;j4GAs9TJVjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM[/video]

If you haven't watched the past season yet, stop reading now because I will me referencing some spoilers ahead.

I am really curious what they are going to do to up the ante and really push the limits of TV, while avoid being censored. Especially following the finale of last season, where Rick's son got raped a knife point right in front of him. Then Rick bit off a big chunk of one of the perpetrator's throats, causing him to bleed to death. Not to mention the young girl Lizzie getting executed in the back yard by a bullet to her head.

My personal guess is that one of the group is going to get slaughtered by the cannibal folks at Terminus. The show didn't officially say they were cannibals at the end of last season, but it has dropped enough hints that they are - how they strangely offered them meat as soon as they entered the complex, there were instances where you could see what looked like stripped human bones piled up in some scenes, and in the trailer for season 5 it looks like someone is getting butchered on a table, not to mention the creepy surgeon guy with the rubber suit and helmet on in the background.

Any other guesses?

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I gave up on this show somewhere in the third/fourth season... Right when Rick began to halucinate.

I think it has lost the point of it.
    It used to be about "how strong is our sense of a society in times of crisis?"
    Not it's just people shooting and running... It's really not worth following it too much. I might watch an episode or two though.

3. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD! lol I can not wait for the new season. I loved season 4 it was so good and it really did push the limits of tv. I think the reason season 3 was the way it was was because (SPOILER AHEAD)

Rick suffered so much loss (Lori, Shane, Dale, Andrea etc) that he had to break down. He had to break down so he could build himself back up even stronger. He's an even better father and leader now than he was in any previous season. I recommend anyone who thinks differently of the show to give season 4 a shot. It was damn good especially the first half.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I kinda started to lose interest in the show near the end of Season 1. I have Seasons 2 and 3 waiting for me. They're saved in my hard drive but I find no urge to go and watch them.

I do love the gore and I also love the action. But aside from that, the dialogue, the story line... It's just meh.

Can I skip the second and third season and just skip to season 4 without missing anything interesting?

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of the show but sadly i haven't seen the latest trailer yet so thanks for posting it by the way. Honestly though, i think the last season was a bit boring. Seasons 1 and 2 are in my opinion the best seasons ever. It was very exciting and just extremely amazing. I hope the new season will not disappoint me! I seriously can't wait! :)

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen this trailer! I am so excited for the next season, I can't wait for Season 5! I have been a fan since the show first aired. My favorite character is Daryl because he is very brave and good with his crossbow. I also like Michonne and her samurai.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was discussing the show on another forum, and mentioning how much I could not stand "The Governor" - his character, impact on the story line, even the way he was written. He was just all around corny and annoying, beyond the fact that he was an overall jerk to everyone and a psychopath. He felt like something plucked out of a campy soap opera, and it brought down the rest of the show which was otherwise well done. Someone else chimed in, who had read the comics and knew what else was in store, and basically warned me that if I hated the Governor, I am really going to hate this other character who will be appearing soon called "Negan" (I think that's what his name is). I tried to avoid looking to far ahead to find out who he is and what he does, but there has also been some chatter that the person seen swinging the bat behind Glen's head is possibly this guy. Apparently his bat is his signature weapon, and in the comic book it has barbed wire wrapped around it.

I also accidentally found out at least one of the things he does, which will probably piss off a lot of viewers if it makes it's way into the show, but I won't spoil that here.

8. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely adore The Walking Dead. It satisfies the sadistic side of me. Every episode leaves me crying for one reason or another. I also like the show because it's one that I can watch more than once. I'm SUPER excited for the new season! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for its starting release.

9. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Well I really enjoyed the first season, but then got fed up of Walking Dead! I found it got a bit boring and kinda predictable. I'm still going to give the new series a try though just to see if I can get back in to it. My husband loves it! So I will have to watch it or sit in the other room doing nothing.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a bit of catching up to do, but I do like AMC's The Walking Dead very much. I was moving around the time that the governor was torturing Glen and his girlfriend, and I haven't watched since. Still, that doesn't mean I've quit the show. I did recently hear the rumor about the show writers possibly making Daryl a homosexual character. It's still just a rumor and it isn't confirmed whether or not they'll do it, but if they do, I hope they incorporate it in a way that make sense.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As usual, I hope that the main cast wont be in too much peril. I also hope that no one important dies. Rick, Daryl, and Glen, they must live. I will be thoroughly saddened if any of them do. Those three are my favorite characters anyway.

12. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I am really excited for the season premier. It has been so long since the last episode! I love this show despite its drop in quality from the first few seasons. I'm hooked and I'll watch it as long as it's on the air. Thanks for posting the trailer because I hadn't seen it. I can't wait!