How to find deals at Aldi's

Discussion in Food & Drink started by H.C. Heartland • Sep 1, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    ALDI's stores pride themselves in stripping away the marketing costs paid by consumers. When you shop it is wise to bring your own bags. Also, if you would like a cart, you can rent one for a quarter, otherwise you can simple carry everything in your own bags up to the counter. Since they don't carry national brands, they will double guarantee their products. If you are not 100% satisfied, you can return the item and have it replaced PLUS get a full refund on your money. To find sale items, see their weekly flyers or shop online. For the U.S. the online site is:

They have a large selection of misc. items as well. My husband and bought some exercise items that we are still using 8 years later; so we can vouch for the quality of many of their items. If you enjoy Spanish cooking - then ALDI is the place for you because many of their Spanish favorites are often on sale at much lower prices than local stores. This weeks ad lists a package of regular or sugar free chocolate fudge pops (12 count) for 1.69. At only 70 to 40 calories a pop, this makes the .14 cent ice-cream treat worth us opening our wallets for!

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I really should start shopping at Aldi more. The only problem for me right now, is there is someone I don't like working as a cashier at the Aldi near me, lol. We used to work together before and did not get along at all, so it was awkward when I would get stuck in her line to check out. Plus I almost always forget to bring some reusable bags with me in my car whenever I head out.

I've been very pleased with the quality of the products I've purchased there though. You really cannot tell them apart from their brand name counterparts. I suspect some of them are in fact made by the brand name companies, and they are just manufactured with different packaging. Their selection is a bit limited though, but in some ways that's a good thing because it helps you stay within your budget and not go off buying a bunch of specialty items you'll never finish up. One of the problems with the bigger grocery chains is that I start getting ideas for recipes I want to try out, and the next thing you know, I got $100 worth of stuff in my buggy that was not part of my original shopping list.

I just wish the employees there were a little more friendly. Every Aldi's I've ever been in, they all act emotionless and don't even say "hello" to you. It's as if they are trained to act that way for some reason.