Easygo®7 Inch Android 4.2 Dual Core VIA 8880 1.5GHz Tablet PC

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DreekLass • Sep 1, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd been looking for a simple, cheap, tablet for some time now. Something that would do things that I can't do on my Nokia phone, and something that would perform a few tasks that PC's were capable of. I work online, so I more or less make peanuts as far as money goes. So when I came across the Easygo®7 Inch Android 4.2 Dual Core VIA 8880 1.5GHz Tablet PC on Amazon, I was laughing. It was said to have 4GB internal space too. The price was £30, which for a tablet is amazing.

I read the reviews just to make sure that everything was kosher, and the product received raving reviews. That was enough to coax me into placing the order.

First off, it thereafter became clear that the product was being shipped all the way from Hong Kong, which I hadn't know before placing the order. Reviewers had said that their tablet had arrived very fast. I ended up having to wait eighteen days for the tablet to arrive.

When it finally arrived, I turned it on and charged it up and everything. When I went to use the device, I discovered that it was set in Hong Kong time, and that it doesn't matter how many times you try to change the time zone setting to your country's time zone, it always reverts back to Hong Kong time zone when you turn the device off and turn it back on again.

Secondly, when I took it off charge - once it was fully charged - I noticed that the battery was draining a good four or five percent every thirty seconds, which I thought was ridiculous. I emailed EasyGo Station on through Amazon to query the problem, and they said that the battery should be lasting up to two hours. I told them that it wasn't, and they were giving me all sorts of tips and tricks. I wasn't happy with it though.

Then I discovered that there was not 4GB internal space on the device, as advertised. There is barely any space on there at all.

The last problem, for me, is that if I charged it and then turned it off, the battery would drain whilst it was turned off. I had to charge it for five minutes before it would even respond again, which was inconvenient and a waste of time.

I am just warning others who may want to purchase one of these tablets. I eventually had it shipped back to Hong Kong and got my money back.