Pet ever save your life?

Discussion in Pets started by Mayvin • Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    We've heard these stories of pets that have saved their owners like one where a woman who had a pet pig and one day she had a heart attack and that pig would wander outside into the yard and make noise and no one was stopping until it finally layed in the front yard like it was sick itself and finally someone stopped and led help into The House for its owner.

There have been several times where I've heard the dogs barking like crazy in the house and have probably scared away someone trying to break in. Nothing as dramatic as some other stories I've heard but still significant all the same.

Anyone have a story where your pet saved your life?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, actually. One of our dogs helped prevent our house from catching fire. We used to collect those decorative glass ball paperweights - the ones with the swirls of color through them. We would use some of them as door stops as well during the summer months when we were trying to let some fresh air in. What didn't occur to us was that these things can act like magnifying glass under bright sunlight, and channel the sun into a hot spot. This is exactly what happened one day, and our coonhound noticed the burning smell and ran over to it and started freaking out. The globe had actually started burning a hole into our carpet downstairs while we were upstairs. She apparently knocked the globe away from the sun herself and I guess stomped out the burning, then came up to our rooms and started whining like crazy until we came down to see what happened.

Had she not done that, our living room could have been up in flames long before we realized what was going on.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not yet, I have never had such an experience, but I doubt my cat would bother asking for help, lol. He seems to be self-centered most of the time. But I never knew that pigs are that intelligent, after reading your post and looking up the story online I'm inspired to take care of at least 1 small pig in my lifetime to see how they are as pets.