Pet Food Recall-Pedigree

Discussion in Pets started by Bright7 • Sep 2, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case you haven't heard that there is a pet food recall for Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dog food. It affects several states and it has to do with some metal fragments that made it into the bags of food. If you purchase your dog food at Dollar General, you might want to check into this.

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    This is what I like about the first world. Even with their dog food, companies do care about their products being sold in the market. If this ever happened where I'm from, we wouldn't even hear a hoot about it and leave us wondering why our pets die. Maybe it already has, we were not just aware of it. Kudos to Pedigree for being honest enough even if it would affect their sales.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you do some research, you will find out that some pet foods actually have harmful ingredients in them, no wonder my cat became ill and can't pee all of a sudden when I fed him Whiskas for a year. So now I just feed him table food, and he hasn't been sick ever since. After that incident I have became wary of pet foods ever since.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    This drives me crazy about traditional pet food. There are alot of recalls, too many and countless pets die because these companies don't seem to care enough to put non-toxic ingredients in their pet food. But like someone else mentioned at least there are recalls that are announced so we can check and stay on top of it.