How Many Hours Do You Spend A Day In Your Online Ventures?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by dannyluke1 • Sep 4, 2014.

1. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    This is a question targeted towards people like me who make their living full time from the internet. I want to know if I'm spending as much time as everybody else. So my question is how many hours do you spend daily in your online businesses or ventures? Me, I usually wake up late in the morning so I often spend at least five hours before I call it a day.

2. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I don't by any means make enough to be considered full time but I spend a good 5 hrs a day trying to make money to help supplement my husbands income. I'm a stay at home mom and use various sites to make the extra money. Mostly Mturk lately. Today I've been on for about 4 hours and made 12 dollars.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I always spend at least 4-5 hours a day doing my online shenanigans. I get $5 so you can say I earn $1 each hour. I sometimes go for the kill when I'm really in the mood I might go for 8 or 10 hours and earn as much as $10 - $20. It's not really a great life online but hey you either work for some extra cash or be a useless potato.

4. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I spend way too much time...
    But I guess it all depends. If you can come up with a good workflow, the right websites, etc., you can be spending less time and earning more.
    It's a tough life though... Especially if you're doing Microtask stuff.

5. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I spend every little that I can spare. I do not like to stay on my computer hours trying the make a decent amount of money. I can get a lot more value for my time focusing on other things during the day. Night time is the only time I try to spend on money making sites. I really only need money to buy myself a good beer.

6. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I spend a lot of time online. MAybe 6-7 hours. I've been doing this for a week to learn everything about a new method I've learned about. Just learning and researching for now, so not making a lot of money, but once I start doing the aforementioned method, I'm sure I will have a nice stream of money working just 2-3 hours a day. :)

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two part-time jobs, and at the same time try to supplement my income with some freelance online work. Usually, I spend between 3-5 hours working online. I divide that time between my other jobs, as I can't sit for more than one hour at a time in front of my computer before my back starts aching. I make between $10-$25 per day online, mainly for language translations.

#7Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  8. EvanCross19

EvanCross19Member

Threads:
    I make a living full time from home in a few different ways. First off, I run a personal call center from home for 4-8 hours a day and 5 days a week. My second venture is freelance writing. I spend about 2 hours per day on researching, writing, and reviewing articles for clients, revenue sharing sites, and my personal blog where I make anywhere from $5 - $10 a day. Then I will do a few GPT tasks for around 30 minutes to an hour per day. This brings in just a few dollars per day, but it all adds up at the end of the month. Other than that, I will search forums and classified ads for an hour or so, for deals or jobs that I can easily earn from. This brings in a few dollars on some days and a lot more on other days. I've also dabbled in flipping domain names recently, which I have found can be very lucrative and doesn't take much time out of my day.

9. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    Like others here I try to maximize my time online now either reading and writing on forums or working from home. There are many opportunities, from small repetitive tasks to more creative enterprises such as designing apps and software. Going online and seeing what others are currently feeling and thinking helps shape my creative work as well :)

10. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I work online so I spend the standard 9-5 pm shift . And then recreationally I spend at least another hour so I would say 9-10 hours I am on the computer and on the internet. I used to run around a lot working at a restaurant as a waiter. It was pure physical labor and when I got home my legs hurt and I was aggravated. Nothing beats a nice office job or working from home.

11. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    I would say at least 12 hours. But keep in mind I am watching TV in the background and I also eat in front of the computer.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you guys feel like the time is worth it? I used to work for a website that paid about $20 a day but entailed a lot of writing and research. At the end of a long day, I used to look at that $20 in Paypal and say, "I could have earned that $20 in 2 hours at an outside job instead of spending all day to earn it online."

Do you ever just want to walk away from the micro tasks and the writing and make $400 a week at a normal job? When I leave my two part-time offline jobs, I'm done for the day.
    Is it really worth it to be chained to a computer for hours and hours to make small amounts of money?

13. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    On weekends, Saturday and Sunday I spend 5 - 8 hours a day online doing my work. On weekdays however it's more subtle, maybe 3-4 hours even less if my regular job get's too demanding which it does most of the time. And as for how much I make online, well it varies, sometimes it's $5 other times $20 even a $100 when I get a lot of work at once.

14. kissk

kisskNew Member

Threads:
    This is a great question, Sir Danny!! I make my financial living online as well and spend over 8 solid hours online!! Thanks for sharing your heart!!

15. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I work online to supplement my income. I tend to spend between 4-5 hours a day working online, I don't make much but I enjoy it and figure about $5/day adds up at the end of the month. I will sometimes have the TV on while I work, listen to the radio so the online work doesn't feel like work as much as just relaxing after a long day.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What site do you work on when it comes to language translations? Do they require a CV first before they accept you? How much do they pay you per translated work?

17. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    I spend a bit of a chunk at the moment as I am new to the world of microtasks and online work. I have worked from home for a while with legitimate jobs that make a good salary, so spending a few hours a day making some extra bucks is nice.

18. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I consider myself a full-time online worker so it's usually 8-9 hours daily for me (except Sundays). I work 3-4 hours in the morning, three hours in the afternoon and two hours in the evening.

It's really nice to know how others spend their time working online. And although I am working home alone, it also made me glad to think that I'm not really alone working under such circumstances after all. :)

19. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    If you have your own online venture, you should spend at least 7 hours working on it.

20. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    i spend a couple of hours a day online. mostly looking at sports news and political happenings, as well as keeping up on world events. i also spend time working on various sites making money. it's good to have a supplemental income to go along with my regular day job.