Is changing your phone provider worth it?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by GemmaRowlands • Sep 4, 2014.

1. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment, we just use the same company for the phone as we use for the TV, as it means that everything is in one bill so it's very easy for us to deal with. However, we have been trying to find ways to cut back on the amount of money that we're spending, and one of the things that we have thought of doing is splitting up the phone and the television package.

Do you have any experience of doing so? How easy is it to switch, and how fast would we be able to make this happen?

I would love to cut back because I just feel as though we're paying a little bit too much at the moment and that could be improved greatly, but I want to be careful and make sure that we're definitely getting the best deal before we do anything about it.

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a customer service support for a bundled service for tv and internet. Sure it's easy to cut back on the service. What you should watch out for are the fees like change of plan fees for subtracting a particular service from your current one and activation and or registration fees for a new line for your phone. There are many hidden charges so that is what you have to clear up. If it's worth it, then go for it.

3. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    I have found that speaking with your current company about promotions that they have going is rather beneficial. My current television/phone/internet company have me bundled and locked into a 2 year agreement. Just last month I noticed the bill was higher than normal and called to see why. They let me know that some of the codes they used to discount my bill for the 2 year commitment had expired. I explained that I didn't think that was fair as I was sticking to my end of the commitment so I would expect them to. They went through the system and found other codes to replace the expired codes and adjusted my bill. Sometimes it just takes calling the company and explaining your situation to get a better deal. No company wants to lose a faithful customer so they figure helping find a way to provide you with what you are more comfortable with is much better than you switching to another company and them losing you completely. Hope this helps and you find what you are looking for.