Anybody here have any experience with Transcribeme.com?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by dannyluke1 • Sep 6, 2014.

1. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I just signed up with the website today but currently there are no audio files to be transcribed since I'm just new there. I just want to know if anybody here had any experience working for the site. I've read several reviews by people who claim to have used the site but so far the sentiments are divided. Some say the site's great and some say it's a waste of time. I'm currently looking for transcribing jobs because it seems to be a decent source of income. Transcribeme.com would be my first try if I ever get a job there.

2. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yea everyone has different opinions on work at home websites. I personally cannot help you on this one because I have not tried it. I just made a thread asking if anyone has ever heard of Humanatic because I have heard good things about them. And they accept people from all over the world. So maybe google it and look it over. Also Mturk is a decent way to make some money. Most say they make around 100-150 dollars a month.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have passed the main exam and the UK accent exam, but I still need to take the main test which I haven't done yet. If you have taken the main test already and you still can't get any work, then it would seem like the work that's available is scarce then.

4. Kteabc

KteabcNew Member

Threads:
    I was on there for almost 6 months before the new test came out. There were times when there was no work but it didn't last long. Take accent tests so you have access to more files to work. I'd say about 80% of the work I did was accent.

5. Patryk9595

Patryk9595New Member

Threads:
    Transcription looks very promising at first. But then you realise that most of the audio is noisy and hard to understand, meaning you have to listen over and over to it. I've tried it for a couple of days, and was a bit frustrated... You can try it yourself but don't expect to much :p