Best Perfume

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 6, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    My cousin will soon celebrate her birthday. She likes perfumes and other skin care products. I decided to give her a perfume as a gift, but I'm afraid that I am not very familiar with the various scents available these days. I would greatly appreciate it if you can give me suggestions. Thanks so much!

2. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I hope your cousin enjoys her birthday. I think buying perfume is a good idea. White Diamond smells good. Victoria Secret has a lot of choices. There is a Pink line there that has a lot of scents that smell good. I like Sweet and Flirty. It really smells good. The scent is long lasting too.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am always very careful when it comes to perfumes, staying away from commercial ones. Instead, I like to buy a combination of essential oils, either pre-mixed, or I put them together myself and transfer them into an unusual little bottle. In my experience, you can rarely go wrong with pure sandalwood, rosewood or rose oil. They are exquisite and timeless scents. :)

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a perfume called Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne. It has a bottle that looks kind of like bamboo and it's named after a tropical island. The scents in it are sandalwood, pink peppercorn and mango.
    It has kind of a tropical vibe so if you like exotic scents, that's a good one, and it's not that expensive on Amazon.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I would try the Victoria Secret selection. I personally use Fantasy by Britney Spears. It's not that strong and it smells great. That is the only perfume that I use now.

6. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    I don't know if any one of you has tried Remy Marques. This is a great perfume that is long lasting as well. I would suggest corporate people to use this perfume.

7. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe you could get her a giftcard to a department store, sephora, or other place with lots of fragrances to choose from. I would be weary of buying perfume for someone else. I know I'm a bit sensitive to smells and a lot of scents give me a headache. I wear perfume but only ones I pick out. Good luck with your present!

8. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Perfume is a great gift idea but it's a bit tricky to find the perfect one for a certain person. I think the best way to do this is with assistance from the shop clerk - mention the age of your cousin and what kind of person she is in general. Using that information and knowing what similar age/look people buy the clerk can (hopefully) make a good suggestion to help you decide.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that you give her Cool Water Woman perfume, it really smells nice. CK One smells nice too. Or you can give her some body mist of any brand, like Victoria's Secret or The Body Shop.

10. bellagreen007

bellagreen007New Member

Threads:
    Maybe you should know what scents that she likes before you buy a perfume for her. Some people don’t like fruity scents but personally I love citrus, fruity, green tea and natural scents. You can also buy her a signature perfume by her favorite artist like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and other artist.

11. jackie1990

jackie1990New Member

Threads:
    Personally my favorite perfume right now is Reb'l Fleur by Rihanna. This is not a perfume suitable for the daytime or even for the warmer months in my opinion. It has a sort of rich and sultry scent that is perfect for fall and winter and unlike other brands, it actually lasts. Since you are shopping for your cousin it may be safer to get her a gift card to the store so that she can get a scent that is to her liking and her personality. Not to say that you don't have the best taste but perfume is extremely hard to buy for someone - what works on one person may clash with another's body chemistry. I hope that helps.

12. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    Perfume is a really personal thing. Everyone has their favorite or favorites. What I like is to get a sample box from Sephora. It comes with 4-10 samples depending on the box and also it comes with a certificate for a full size bottle of whichever one the receiver likes the best. Just an idea.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You would need to check what her tastes are when it comes to scents. Someone could give you a suggestion for a very strong and sweet perfume and if your cousin likes light scents she won't enjoy it. A perfume sample set from Sephora would be a nice choice! Or maybe you could make a set from Victoria's Secret or Bath&Body Works with body wash and body spray.

14. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    It depends what kind of a girl she is. Is she girlie, or is she more of a tomboy? If you can describe her (or even take a photo) to the person in the perfume store then they will be able to advise you about what she might like. Once you have an idea about the type of scent that you're going for, I would suggest you look around online, and even in your local store, for cheaper alternatives. I'm not talking about fake products here, just stores' own brands. They can often have the same ingredients so they smell almost identical, but would be a fraction of the price. It would be a great way of saving a little money whilst still giving her a wonderful present that she would be able to enjoy!

15. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like the fruity smells and tend more to the flowery/nature smells but I agree that everyone has their favorites so OP it would definitely depend on what she likes the smell of. Aside from that, you can get her something she wouldn't usually have but likes. For example, I was using vanilla body wash recently so I wouldn't have wanted to buy any more vanilla perfumes.

16. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Perfume is the perfect gift! I would suggest trying the perfumes and body sprays at Victoria's Secret. I love basically everything they make and they have a huge variety to chose from. I have two young daughters, 19 and 16, and that is the ONLY place they buy from. They are relatively inexpensive as perfume goes as well.

Hope this helps...
    Danyel :)

17. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It's been so long since I've worn perfume but one that I use to really like when I did wear it was "Red Door," by Elizabeth Arden. It has a sweet yet slightly musky scent that is really nice.

18. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I know this is weird, but I am a guy that is straight but like to smell "pretty" sometimes. They used to have this one body spray called Secret Wonderland.

19. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Victoria's Secret smells great but because there are too many girls wearing its scents, they've become too overrated. Your cousin might smell like the rest. I prefer Bath and Body Works products though their perfumes tend to smell so sweet (careful ants will not attack you). You may also try CK perfumes. They have mild offerings.

20. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to perfumes, my top choice is from Victoria's Secrets. I always buy my very own signature perfume from there which is the Victoria's Secret Sexy Little Things Noir Eau De Parfum. Its packaging is very adorable and feminine. The smell is also fantastic. The bottle has a little squeeze bulb that releases the perfume, which I really like. Also, belated happy birthday to your cousin! What a sweet cousin you are.