madbid.com legit?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by megadelayed • Sep 6, 2014.

1. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    Has anyone here ever used/heard of the site madbid.com? I see it on advertisment all the time for being able to grab goods that are quite expensive for a really low price (someone has even won a car!). I really want to use this service, but I am worried if I spent money on the credits and get nothing back in return.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is an auction site, so there is no guarantee you will get what you want. I have tried some other sites with some free credits and you have to be quick, so if your internet is slow or your computer crashes then you lose out. It depends on what you want and if that risk is worth the savings. Also remember there may not be any guarantee with electrical goods or returns may not be that easy. Weigh up the pros and cons of the item you want.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When in doubt of a new and unpopular site, just type the site's name plus "scam" and you'll get the answers that you're looking for. I just typed "madbid scam" and it seems like it is, based from the numerous complaints of the scammed members:

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of this site, but I would do some investigating before spending money on it. You don't want to end up losing money only to get nothing out of it. That would definitely be a waste of time and money. You shouldn't have to end up losing money trying to save money.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depending upon how the site works, it might not be an actual scam. However, it could be misleading bidders, which will make them think it's a scam. Read through the ToS and see what's really going on. Then check out user reviews that actually know how the site works. Still, I'd wager that this site is more trouble than it's worth, and you should move on.

6. Kelsey D

Kelsey DNew Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine recently won a sweet deal on MadBid, but I haven't had much luck. There are a lot of mixed MadBid reviews online so it is hard to tell if anyone is really winning. Guess I will just give it another try and see what happens.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not so much a scam, it's just that you have to pay for bids. There is every chance you could pay for a set amount of bids yet get outbid in every auction you join. Meaning, of course, that you've paid that money out and had absollutely nothing in return. This is how Madbid can afford to sell the goods off so cheaply in the fist place.