Eggies Review

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Execsapphire • Sep 8, 2014.

1. Execsapphire

ExecsapphireNew Member

Threads:
    eggies-01.

I tried Eggies recently. I know they have some good reviews here as well as some bad ones too. My experience was horrible. Some Eggies came apart as I was boiling them. I had the insides of the eggs floating in the boiling water. The Eggies that made it through the boil process had runny yolks on the inside. None of the eggs came out of the Eggie in the shape of an egg; they all crumpled apart. I ruined 6 eggs trying out this product. Boiling the eggs in the shell and peeling them would have been so much easier and better. This product is not worth the money and does not work like the commercial. I threw the Eggies out with the unevenly cooked eggs all at once. I did not want to try using the product again because it was more hassle than just boiling eggs the normal way.

2. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    I had the same problem at first. There is a really tiny piece that you probably did not realize that it needed to be on there. If that piece is not one there it will cause that. I felt that the product worked amazing, especially if you need to make deviled eggs. Man, it made everything so much easier. I am sorry that you were not pleased with this item. I too was just going to give up and throw them away because I was mad that I wasted eggs. I was so mad but I decided that I probably messed something up like I always do. I am glad I did not give up. The only problem is washing the eggies. It is such a hassle. It drives me insane.

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I've seen this product advertised, and I've been curious to try it. It sounds like it is a matter of trial and error, but when you are in the kitchen trying to get a meal prepared, you don't really have time to experiment with gadgets. I might pick this up once it hits the discount stores where most "As Seen on TV" products end up. I'm not willing to pay full price for it since it seems to be more of a hassle than a help in the kitchen.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm...I hadn't even seen or heard of this one before but it seems there are a lot of people with similarly bad reviews. And as you said, it would be cheaper, easier and better to just do it yourself- why fix a method that isn't broken? Especially if you're going to be wasting money on a product like this in attempts to do so.

5. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I found this item on clearance a few weeks ago and I bought it. I haven't tried to use it yet, but I am curious how the eggs come out. I don't put a lot of faith in "As Seen on TV" and I am usually disappointed. Though that doesn't stop me from trying them.

I'm just fine boiling and peeling eggs, but if this product works I'll be happy. I'm fairly doubtful it will after seeing the OPs experience. I hope mine come out a bit better. I hate wasting groceries. It's like throwing away money.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you know that Dollar Tree is selling a knock off version of these for only $1. Might be worth checking out if you are interested in these but don't want to pay full price.

I avoided buying these when they were being advertised on TV, mainly because I already have several plastic based products for cooking eggs and know how common it is for the eggs to stick with them. Spraying them down with vegetable oil spray helps somewhat, but even then the eggs will sometimes stick.

One of the worst products I had tried previously were these silicone cups that were supposed to make perfect poached eggs in water, by floating in it and holding the egg in shape. It turned out by cooking the eggs this way took incredibly longer since the eggs weren't submerged in the water. Also the eggs stuck to the silicone and did not cook as evenly either.

I've also had bad experience with the plastic containers for making poached eggs in the microwave, with eggs sticking and exploding on me.