Name a gift that has been truly useful to your friends

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by akiii123 • Sep 8, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I love to provide gifts to my family members, however, I am equally confused on what to give them when the time arrives. I always love to give my friends or family something that is useful as well as memorable. One of the gifts that my brother loved quite a lot is an iPod. He is younger to me and the iPod was something that he always wanted to have. I do like it when my gifts come to some use rather than just being a showpiece.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a coffee addict and I drink coffee every day. Everyone I know drinks coffee, so one Christmas I went comparison shopping and found a very nice high tech looking coffee maker on Amazon for a bargain price and bought two of them for two families I know. To this day, they are used every day and displayed in their kitchens. Almost everyone loves coffee and can use a nice coffee machine.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I always try buying stuff that I know my friends need. So let's see: I bought a cord extension with protection for energy spikes for a friend that wanted to protect his computer, he's using it right now; I bought a fancy vegetable peeler for my mom, she always wanted one and was quite happy; I bought car polish for my sister since she likes taking care of her car. And these are just a few mentions. I know that most of them are not what one would imagine when thinking of presents but I'd rather spend money on something that has a purpose, and it seems that my friends/family agree with me :D

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Well, one gift that consistently works very well with friends and family are gift cards. I have never went wrong with this option. I always make sure the gift card is a Visa/MasterCard that can be spent where these logos are accepted - which is just about everywhere. I gave my father a cell phone this year and it has been very beneficial. I laugh because this is the first cell phone my dad has ever had. He's not big on technology but loves this phone and always calls my mom while he is out and about. I'm glad I finally got him something he actually utilize from time to time.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I would have to say gift cards. My friends don't really say what they want when they are asked, so I find it difficult to buy gifts for them. What I do then is to buy gift cards and let them buy what they want. Needless to say, they really enjoyed the gift cards.

6. EvanCross19

EvanCross19Member

Threads:
    I always try to figure out where the person I am buying the gift for shops at frequently. If they eat out a lot, then I try to buy them a gift card at their favorite restaurant. The most useful gift that I've bought someone would have to be a laptop. They were able to get 4 good years out of it and that's really all you can hope for with laptops. As far as gifts go, a laptop or even handheld devices will get much use and be very valuable to the person you gifted to.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just now give money to my friends when I like to give them gifts, but before I used to give clothes that I think they would like, and they wore them when they know that they will see me.

8. Shruti05

Shruti05New Member

Threads:
    Hi,

I think giving useful products to your friends, family is the best way of gifting. They also appreciate gifts which are useful for them. If I think about the materialistic things to give as gift then I would suggest to think for while about the person like for eg. If your friend is a globetrotter and loves to travel then you can gift a passport holder, Travel wallet along with the personalized thing with some tag line, name, anything. It will have the long lasting impression on the receiver.