Argan oil...great hair product!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by pennylane • Sep 10, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine recently gave me some of this oil. You apply it to damp hair after taking a shower. It adds oil back into your hair that shampoo stripped away without being greasy. The result is that my hair looks healthier, shiny, and soft. I can't recommend it enough. I've gotten a lot of compliments and friends are always asking me if I recently came from the salon.

Has anybody else ever tried it?

If you look for it at the store, be sure to get a product that is 100% argan oil. Some brands sell diluted versions and they don't work as well.

Attached Files:

2. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I think I got one of the diluted kinds. It had silicon in it, which did tame some frizzies. I did not find any good long-term effects on the health of my hair. I got a good 100% Argan oil single use treatment for a very reasonable price, but don't remember the brand name.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard great things about Argan Oil. I have yet to give it a try. I follow a couple of hair care people on YouTube. I wasn't sure if it was just a fad or if it's the real deal.

Thanks for the tip about buying a 100% version. I probably would have grabbed anything.

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Argan oil, but I didn't know which one to get. I will have to look for this argan oil because I need something that I can use that will manage my hair. I will check Sally's to see if they have it.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mean to ask: does this product hold unruly hair together? My hair's naturally curly and it's pretty long (reaching almost to my waist). I often apply mineral oil to keep it tamed. But sometimes, even mineral oil couldn't hold the waves in place. If this product is able to do what my cheap mineral oil coudn't, then I would love to give it a try.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    You can find this brand on amazon but they should have it at Sally's too. For a small bottle (mine is about 3.5 inches tall) it will cost you around $15-20. It's a little pricey but you use very little with each application since it is very concentrated. I've been using my little bottle for 2-3 months and I've only used about 1/3 of it.