Tea tree products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Sep 10, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have acne, and I have been looking for ways to make it go away for years. I have recently discovered the benefits of tea tree oil. I want to buy the tea tree line sold at The Body Shop, but I can't find many reviews online. Has anyone used products from The Body Shop lately? Is tea tree really effective in curing acne? Thanks.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used the tea tree oil products by The Body Shop, but I love their products overall. I did try the Tea tree oil products from Trader Joe's. Their actual oil that comes in a small glass container is really good. Tea tree oil is godsend and such a big saver for acne prone skin!!

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I tried using the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash from Body Shop. I have combination skin so this product works just right as a liquid cleanser. The smell is not fragrant which is understandable to avoid irritants for those who have sensitive skin. My friend also tried it but her face turned reddish after a few days of use. Her skin, which had some mild acne did not react well to the product. She spent $27 for this facial wash which was not worth it. This product is not for all types of skin. Be careful.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    This is my first time to learn about Tea tree products to cure acne. I think I will buy it for my teen-age son. He's 17 years old and has been bothered by acne problems since he turned 14. We have tried a lot of popular products in the market before but it didn't work. I hope this Tea tree will finally get rid of his acne or at least minimize it. :rolleyes:

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I've had tea tree oil help with my skin. I would recommend it if you are still searching for something to help. I buy soaps that have it as an ingredient. You can also buy a concentrated version in small bottles at health stores. That way you can use it for a bunch of different applications.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have used the tea tree oil line from the Body Shop and I liked it but wasn't really blown away. I would suggest looking into Mario Badescu skincare products because I think for the price point (which is comparable to the Body Shop) they are more effective. If you are going to go with the line from Body Shop I would suggest getting the actual oil they sell and using it as a spot treatment.

7. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Tea Tree oil is great for acne, my teenage daughter uses it and its helped her loads. Tea tree oil is great for so many things other than just acne. It's great for many reasons and helps with fungal infections and also its great when you have kids because you can use it for getting rid of head lice.