IPhone 6 will outsell the iPhone 5?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Sep 11, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The iPhone 5 has done well in the market selling over 90 million units worldwide. That's about 54 billion dollars in sales! After a year from the date of release of the iPhone 5, Apple is launching another phone - the iPhone 6. This time, the phone will be shipped in two sizes. One with a 4.7 inch screen and one with a 5.5 inch screen. Will the iPhone 6 overcome the iPhone 5? Yes it would.

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not so sure the iPhone 6 will out do the 5 since so many people are ditching Apple and going to Android. I have never seen so many people go to Android as I have this past couple of months. I personally am a iPhone user and won't go back to Droid. I love everything about my phone and everything its helped me achieve.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It remains to be seen whether that happens or not. It's more likely that the iPhone 6 sales will outgross the iPhone 5 thanks to the more expensive 5.5-inch device. However, I have serious doubts that the iPhone 6 will outsell the 5 as far as units sold are concerned. Also, the iPhone 5 definitely hasn't generated $54.0 billion in sales, excluding the 5S and 5C, because that figure assumes that all phones were sold at $600 apiece, while a large chunk of those units were sold as subsidized phones at far lower prices.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I think the iPhone 6 will out sell the 5. If you think about it, more and more people are switching to Android phones mainly because of the screen real estate so I guess it's just obvious that the bigger screen offered by the 6 will have to gain some traction among Apple fans.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Looking around me I see that more and more people started using Android devices. And while I have no doubts that the IPhone 6 will do great, Apple has a HUGE following after all, I don't think it will match the level of IPhone 5 sales. Back when the IPhone 5 was released the market was different and meanwhile people learned that other manufacturers produce high quality phones with the same features at a much lower price.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have the iPhone 5S, and it is the best phone that I have ever had with regards to it meeting my needs. I have tried Android phones, but the OS just doesn't cut it for me, and you cannot get a lot of my favourite apps, which I think I would be lost without. So I won't be changing until you can use those, and even then I don't think I would. The thing that I like about Apple is that everything is so clean, simple and easy to operate. It takes very little explaining and you can just start using the device pretty much right away. I don't know whether the new phone will outsell it because of the increased size, and that is something that a lot of people might not really like the sound of, but I do know that I won't be getting it because I still have a year remaining on my existing contract, which is a shame!

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think it is possible especially once they roll out ios 8 and older models stop being supported by it. Their products are very well made so I won't be all that surprised if they do well. The only deterrent I see is that many people already have iPhones so maybe fewer would need new ones, but I guess given enough time they will eventually sell just as much or maybe even more.

8. oolong

oolongNew Member

Threads:
    "Apple announced Monday that they sold over 4 million handsets through online pre-orders in the first 24 hours of their availability. Even though Apple's online store crashed due to the huge demand of the phones, the site was up and running again shortly after."

#8Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  9. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think the iPhone 6 will outsell the 5, not only isn't it too innovative, I see the Android market a lot stronger nowadays than it used to be, there are a lot of people switching over.
    No question that it will be the best-selling phone of it's generation, it just won't be as dominant as previous iPhones have been.

10. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure the iPhone 6 will outsell the iPhone 5, simply because Apple has now accepted that big screens are something that the public want and are willing to pay money for. The days of the cute small Apple screens are over. Every other smartphone maker is basing their approach on bigger screens, so why shouldn't Apple? To me it's the way forward for the company.

11. troutski

Threads:
    Well, at this point, it's obvious that the iPhone 6 will outsell the iPhone 5 after all is said and done. Apple has another winner on its hands, and the company is going to rake in billions of dollars from these two devices. I guess I shouldn't have doubted the company because worldwide sales are growing at an exponential rate. Even in North America the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are selling like crazy. Even more advanced phones aren't going to take much market share from Apple in the short-term because the iPhone 6 should increase the company's share in the mobile market once again.

12. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Don't think so. The 6 model is not that great compared to the 5. And I see the android market rising and rising which offers a lot more customization than it's iOS counterpart. If Iphone keeps the trend and releases iphone over iphone with only minor improvements they will not get far.

13. CrimsonAdder

CrimsonAdderNew Member

Threads:
    I'm sure the iPhone 6 will sell extremely well, mainly because its excellent camera is a huge consideration for most people in this day and age where we take pictures of everything we please to post in social networks like Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, such as sceneries, delicious looking meals, group photos, and the famously popular selfies. It really does have an incredible quality, even the secondary camera, it's very worthwhile for this purpose.

Since individuals are more and more into the photographic aspect of social networks, they want to boast excellent quality pictures, and the iPhone 6 lets you do just that. Then you need to consider the ease of use of the iOS and its excellent performance. Any app will run extremely well and it's a cellphone that will almost never slow down with use.

14. troutski

Threads:
    You seem to have missed the part where initial sales of the iPhone 6 basically blew the iPhone 6 out of the water, especially worldwide. The iPhone 6 was a big enough change for regular Apple fans to upgrade their device, and many more were drawn over from Android because of the larger screens, too. It was a small change, and the device only makes incremental improvements, but that's going to be enough to push sales higher than the previous generation of devices.