iPhone 6 vs. Android phones

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Strykstar • Sep 11, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    With the launch of a new iPhone there are always lots of people going crazy over the "innovations" that it brings, but most of them have already been available on Android phones for quite some time, I found this table comparing the new iPhone to a few Android phones and some things are really glaring, like for example how it doesn't even have 1080p resolution...
    What do you think of these comparisons?

iphone6_chart-100413464-large.idge.

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly think that iPhones are pretty much a joke right now. I mean I love my iPhone sure but I just think it needs to be more, I don't know, updated I guess? For the most part, every time the iPhone upgrades it seems to offer things and make it sound 'new' when it's clear that it's been done years ago. I think it's the Apple pride but I'm skipping this one and I'm sticking with my iPhone 5S.

3. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if they're a joke. All I hear from a lot of long-time apple fans who switch to Android is about how much they dislike them. I wouldn't go around trying to convert people. Android is not complicated, and it certainly does seem like Apple is 2 years behind in all of their technology, but they do have an edge in ease of use. My 3 year old has no issues doing nearly everything on his Grammy's iPhone. It really does have the most intuitive interface on the market in my opinion.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That was a nice comparison. However, you left something out in that infographic. There's a 5.5 inch iPhone called the

I don't have any interest in the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. I am interested though in the one with the 5.5 inch screen. It looks pretty promising. If they slapped in a stylus to the device like the Galaxy Note, that would be even cooler. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That was a nice comparison. However, you left something out in that infographic. There's a 5.5 inch iPhone called the

I don't have any interest in the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. I am interested though in the one with the 5.5 inch screen. It looks pretty promising. If they slapped in a stylus to the device like the Galaxy Note, that would be even cooler. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

6. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I still prefer Android, to be the freedom Android gives will always surpass iOS. That said the specs and construction of the iPhones is pretty amazing, definitely have a good build quality a lot of Android phones made out of plastic unfortunately don't.

7. jackie1990

jackie1990New Member

Threads:
    Apple really does have the best marketing team and strategy around. From all the excitement that some Apple users seem to be experiencing from the announcement you'd think it was the second coming of Steve Jobs! The brand loyalty from their customers is sure to make their latest product a hit, no dount about it. I do like the fact that Apple products sync together and they are easier to use but I am no longer an Apple user. It was cheaper and much more beneficial for me to get an android and ever since I bought my unlocked Nexus 5 I haven't looked back.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm an Android user. I'm not interested in iPhones. I really don't like the restrictions that Apples puts on it's technology. It would be different if I was leasing the tech, but if I buying outright then I should be able to do what I want to it.

My nephew recently switched from the iPhone 5 to Samsung Galaxy 5. The resolution on that phone is pretty amazing.

I do need to buy another phone. I'm leaning towards the LG because they come without a lots less bloatware than the other manufacturers.

9. Nevi

NeviNew Member

Threads:
    Let's look back in the past first before we make assumptions about Apple, When Apple launch the first-generation Iphone, where Steve Jobs is still the CEO, Apple is the only company who managed to invent the first smartphone, fully capable of running a full featured, fully functional operating system, when you take a look at it's competitors back then all are plastic keypad phones running on a generic operating system with basic functionality. Apple is ahead of it's competitors by 5 years or more, they pretty much dominate the smartphone the smartphone technology. If were not for Apple's innovation, other companies would not have the idea, they basically copied it from Apple.

With the launch of Iphone 6, I can't blame people for being disappointed, since Steve Jobs passed away, Apple lost its taste, if you know what I mean, So let's not forget the past and give credit to what Apple have done for this generation, I hope they will come back to their feet with a new innovation in this coming years.

10. EvanCross19

EvanCross19Member

Threads:
    This thread isn't discrediting any of Apple's accomplishments. This is about the current iPhone 6 specs vs. Android phone specs.

@Strykstar: My friend just posted on Facebook that she had switched from her Samsung to an iPhone to try it out. Being the huge Android fanboy that I am, I warned her that she may have just made a big mistake. Of course each of the hardware specs matter, but for me it's all about functionality. Apple's iPhone's are very limited when it comes to customization, unlike it's Android counterpart that allows you more customizations with their stock phones.

My point is always this: A stock Android phone comes with more functionality and customization options than a jail-broke iPhone has. If you want to pay to have the iPhone brand just for the sake of the brand, then go for iPhone. If you care about what your phone can do for you, go with Android. It's really that simple.

11. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    For me, iPhones are more of like lifestyle statement phones than anything else. I know a lot of people who own iPhones, but I was never really that interested in them. Sure, I want to have one, but I will not do anything just to buy it. I am happy with my Android phone. It's really user-friendly, and I can install a lot of apps, both free and paid. I can't say the same for Apple devices though.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think Apple worries much about providing the best specs. Even their laptops that cost way more than the competition are of lower specs but they just somehow work well enough that consumers are very satisfied with them, including myself. I don't know exactly what they are doing differently but whatever it is, it works, because I've had my Apple devices for years now and I've been using them heavily and they haven't slowed down one bit, so even if they technically aren't more powerful, they somehow manage to be efficient enough to be worth the higher price.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Android phones over iPhones because they are cheaper and have a wider selection of apps than iPhones. Plus now that it's all over the internet that the iPhone 6 bends easily, that's another reason why Android phones seem to be the better choice.

14. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone had a chance to check out the high speed HD video from the iPhone 6? I don't want to give them a lot of credit, but this is sensational footage for a phone.

[video=youtube;u6p0hDPkh1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6p0hDPkh1U[/video]

15. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I love my iPhone and will never go back to Android. The only thing that is messed up is that Apple and Android are so competitive that sooner or later you will not be able to tell the difference between an Apple product and an Android product. They are both copping each other but people are only looking at what Apple is copping from Android. I like my iPhone because I feel like it is more safe than Android phones. I like the Find My Iphone feature that comes on iPhones.

16. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Iphones are in the second place right now, Android phones rock, and that's about it. The whole debate about the IPhone 6 and what it can do is stupidity, I'm waiting to see how many sales the IPhone 6 will make after its debut.

17. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I love my iPhone. I had an Android and will never ever go back. One of the main things I love about my iPhone is the apps. There always have been more/better apps for the iPhone than for the Android. You can also get much more storage space and I will never buy the smallest storage space iPhone because I always fill it up with apps. The camera, really if I need to take a picture of something that needs more than an 8 mp camera for I have a stand alone camera that beats any cell phone camera. Still I don't use it that much because iPhone makes it so easy to share photos and videos.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am the same. Android may have a larger quantity but you're rooting through a lot of crap in the play store. The strictness in the Appstore is only a good thing because it makes it easier to find quality apps.
    Also admittedly the Android I had was a crap phone but it does seem like IPhones have more storage space. I even tried rooting and got rid of most of the bloatware but the Android was still low on space. The reason I bought it was the least simplistic phone that AT&T had whereas it appears to be a lot easier to get the Iphone you want.
    I do not want the IPhone 6 though. I hope my 5 does not become obsolete for a while.

19. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple wins as far as aesthetics are concerned, and apps from the App Store are usually better than their Android counterparts but not always. Then Apple's devices have their premium designs that are years ahead of plastic phones. Still, Apple isn't years late to the party for the features of the iPhone 6. The device still runs as well as other devices, and the A8 chip is something impressive.

20. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    The A8 chip itself really isn't that impressive, it's a much lower powered processor than what else is available on the market. Where Apple has an advantage is that they develop it in house so they know how to utilize it to it's capacity better than the others. If you compare it to what happened with gaming between the launch of the PS3 and the end of it's run, you can see what a difference knowing how to utilize the technology available has.