Is there any other place to buy games cheap other than Steam?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by wowtgp • Sep 12, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like Steam is the only place where one can get good deal on games. There used to be other places like GOG, but they don't have much to offer when it comes to DRM free games. What are some other places I can go to to get good deals on video games?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't know. It definitely seems like Steam is the most popular one. Why? What's wrong with Steam? It has good games on there and, as you said, they're cheap. It's as they say. "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah what's wrong with Steam? They sell games for $5 when they feel like it, I just bought Mirror's Edge for $5 the other day. I don't think there are any better alternatives though, you can try Origin but compared to Steam well, it's not really that good.

4. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    You can get free Redbox rental games, if you have a gaming system and you're not playing PC games. I'm assuming you have a smartphone too. If you do, download the Viggle app and check in to TV shows and music you hear on the radio. It's super easy and fun. I get free movies every week from them, and I've seen you can get game rentals the same way.

Happy gaming! :)

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Meh, Steam has a few issues that most people overlook until they face the issues themselves. Try Humble Bundle, where you can buy DRM free games at huge discounts, and the Weekly Bundle allows you to donate to charity and save potentially hundreds on game bundles. Sometimes you can choose what you want, and other times you'll be stuck with whatever they're offering at the time.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    You could, but Steam has the best prices of anywhere on the internet and it's easy to access. So I echo what others have already said in the thread "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

There are other options, but none have the same ease of access to games as Steam does and there prices are lower or at least equal to everywhere else.

7. Nevi

NeviNew Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of websites that offers cheap cd keys for PC out there, just search them on google "cheap cd keys for PC games."

8. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    There are tons of great sides like GoG.com that offer DRM free gaming. As suggested, Humble Bundle is a great way to build a catalog as well. Origin also offers all those EA games if you can deal with their constant DLC offerings. I would recommend Steam though as your main repository, even if you're installing the games directly DRM free and then just using Steam's interface as an access method, it's very nice and smooth.

9. Xhantar

XhantarNew Member

Threads:
    You could monitor the

on Reddit. There are some good deals posted regularly. Also look at the sidebar to the right for a list of additional websites.

If you're unfamiliar with Reddit, I highly recommend installing the

browser add-on for a better experience and more control.

Hope this helps!

10. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    I have never heard of steam to be honest. Is that an online game rental service of some sort? It depends on what platform you are wanting to rent or buy games for. I am unsure about the PC and Xbox One games but I can tell you from experience that the playstation 4 system has an online rental service called the playstation now streaming network for streaming video game rentals. Since it just came out the games they have available are limited but I have used this service quite a bit and to be honest you cannot even tell that you are streaming. At first I thought streaming a video game would invite a lot of lag and errors but none of that happened. Of course you do have to have a pretty fast internet connection but overall the service is good. And there is also my first option when it comes to buying or renting video games and its through Gamefly. You pay about $20 bucks a month for their services and pick any 2 games you want for any platform. You keep the game as long as you like with no late fees. If you decide you want to keep the game permentately just let them know and you pay for the game and thats it. Its yours. Gamefly has a large selection of video games for any platform. And I love the fact that their are no late fees of any kind. I would recommend it to anyone.