Which is the best Resident Evil game of the series?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Serenity Fay • Sep 13, 2014.

1. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    I know it is difficult to get just one answer as it relies heavily on opinion, but what is your favorite one? I already own the first one (which I love a lot) and the fourth one, and am looking to get RE Zero as the characters look interesting, and I'd like to know which are worth my time and money most :)

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't played that much RE since I left off with RE 4 on my GameCube after that I just fell off the series. But I have to say I think the best for me at least is RE4, although it doesn't have the same feel as the previous versions of the game I really love it still.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I have to go with Resident Evil 4 also. I do love 5 but I feel like 4 did a really good job. I never really liked 6 and Racoon City was pretty, well it did't cut it for me.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're the real fan of the Resident Evil series and survival horror genre, then your answer pretty much has to be Resident Evil 2. The game was a technical masterpiece (for a Playstation game). It mastered survival horror as it applies to zombies, and the tank-like controls made the game a little more scarier since you weren't nimble. RE2 is the one game that Capcom hasn't remade but absolutely needs to.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I like the first one quite a bit, played it back in the days of the PlayStation 1. Other than RE1 I'm a big fan of Resident Evil 4. Played it on PC and had a blast. And it's weird, I didn't play the game on release but after many years when I found it in the bargain bin at some store. Hopefully Capcom will manage to develop a similar entry in the franchise, but then again, it's hard to rise to such standards.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to go with Resident Evil 4. I got that game way back in the Gamecube days and played it non-stop for a few months Eventually I got my PS3 and I left the Gamecube behind, so I stopped playing it. Capcom eventually released an HD remake and I had to get it. This was a few years ago, and it's still on my HDD simply because from time to time I get the urge to play it again, it's that good.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite has always been Resident Evil 3 for Playstation! I was obsessed with Resident Evil growing up and the first 3 are my favorites because they were the ones I played the most. The 4th and next ones not so much because as I grew up I stopped playing video games. But the best one is the 3rd!

8. Nevi

NeviNew Member

Threads:
    I like Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 6, Although the element of surprise would be favorable on Resident Evil 3, but Resident Evil 4 is whole new different story, different environment and whole new player experience. I'm a huge fan of Resident Evil, I have played Resident Evil 6 on PC and I would say it's not that bad, you get to play a different set of characters which is good, all of them has different story line, It's like telling you a story as the game progress.