Wrist exercises

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by chiofthenorns • Sep 15, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Lately, my left wrist has been hurting more and more. I think that this is because the hours I spend on the computer has increased. I'm scared of going to the doctor because I'm paranoid that I might have carpal tunnel. Does anyone know any good wrist exercises that can somehow reduce the pain on my wrist? Suggestions for supplements are really welcome, too.

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I know wrist pain can be unbearable as a friend of mine suffers from its. He suggests the following exercises that have helped him: take a few weeks doing each one until you believe you are ready to move on: Wrist extensions with a Thera-Band or tube, Plate pinch, Supination/pronations, Barbell wrist curls and extensions.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also looking for the same thing. But if your wrist is hurting, then there's probably wrong with your technique. At the foremost, give your wrist a good amount of rest and gradually change your technique. Mainly it's your hand position, so take a close look at it.

4. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bothered with any wrist exercises, your wrist doesn't really have any meaningful muscle in it either. If you want to increase/decrease the size of your wrist there's not much you can do as your wrist size is largely genetic.

5. zaskolu2014

zaskolu2014New Member

Threads:
    A few years ago I trained basketball and got some nasty injuries like torn ligaments, really bad ankle sprains. Must say that things really hurt, and if you can try to avoid them. About 3-4 years passed since my really bad ankle injury, i had torn ligaments, and still today i feel the pain. My ankle gets "tired" really easily and the pain is really bad. Recently i stared to ride my mountain bike and 1-2hrs make my ankle like new, and knees too. But with mountain biking (dh-freeride-enduro) you crash and recently i fell really bad on my arm and i had felt some pain for 2 weeks, luckily i didn't break anything. And what helped my ankle feel like new is rest, and light exercise. You can buy "sport creams" that warm the place of your body on which you have applied it to, and i really helps.