Nerd Block!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Serenity Fay • Sep 15, 2014.

1. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    So I'm pretty sure I've found the best thing on the internet: nerdblock.com

You can subscribe to (pretty affordable) boxes based on your interests: a general geek culture one, a horror one, one for girls and one for boys and *pause for dramatic effect* one all about video games! They'll send you a monthly box containing cool stuff about the topic like funko pop figures and weird gadgets. Anyway, I'm absurdly excited about this and I really want to share the joy with fellow Geeks. The Arcade block is shaped like an NES for heaven's sake! :D
    Anyway, you get the items for way cheaper than their retail price, the only catch is that you never know exactly what you'll be getting, except for a few email clues they send.

My first Nerd Block was ok, but my first Horror Block was a bit of a miss as I wasn't into any of the franchises the items were about. I've decided to cancel both subscriptions though as soon as they announced the Arcade Block last month, because it seems like the best option for me based on my interests :) I wish I could afford all of them!

2. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    Oh that sounds so awesome. I'm going to have to check into it. I would love for someone to send me a box full of some of the nerdy things I love every month. I also saw that they have jr boxes for kids. I think my daughter would love it to. When I have an extra bit of income I plan on getting one of this boxes.

3. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    So is this free ? It sounds like an awesome deal. I will check out the site for sure as I love video games. With Halloween coming up it may be worthwhile to get the "horror" box. Thank you for the info. By the way what is a "funko pop figure" ?

4. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    The blocks aren't free: normal ones cost 20 dollars and the kid's ones are cheaper, but the items they give you are always good quality and would normally cost way more than 20 dollars if you were to get them anywhere else. Funko pop figures are cute cartoon-like statues that are pretty fun to collect. They're kind of like bobble heads.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    They have been advertising the Horror one on a lot of the horror themed web sites I frequent such as BloodyDisgusting and Fangoria and others, but I didn't know they were part of a larger selection of products. Initially I thought it was just some fun pack the site owners put together as a special gift for their readers or something like that.

I'm a huge horror fan, but the horror one didn't appeal to me either because it's all childish cutesy stuff. It's like the Muppet Babies version of horror movie icons. Not my cup of tea.

One of my favorite, kind of morbid, movie souvenirs I have is a snow globe that came packaged with the video release of Fargo. It's a recreation of the classic scene where they are disposing of the guys body in the wood chipper, and it's spraying red blood all over the fresh snow. There are white and red snowflakes floating around in it, :D

There is another web site we used to order silly things from called SomethingStore.com. Basically, for like $10, you purchase a mystery item and they ship it to you. It might be something cheap and stupid, or it could possibly be something really expensive like a Kitchen Aid mixer. You never know what you will get and it's always a gamble.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of products like this lately- gamer ones, "man crates", etc. It's a cool concept, and if you're into collecting random little things like that, it can be a good value. I'm more interested personally in all of the meal & snack ones like that that are so popular right now...plated, graze, and so forth. Some of them are really good :).

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of getting surprise items every month, and I could probably sell the ones I didn't want to keep on my eBay account. But I have to debts to pay off before I can enjoy fun things like subscription services. I bookmarked the site to check out later when I can afford it, because the Arcade block looks really cool.

8. aaron53

aaron53New Member

Threads:
    Wow, the goodies seem so cool here, especially the Horror Block. Once we've subscribed it, can we un-subscribe it anytime we want, OP?