Rewards credit cards?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by GemmaRowlands • Sep 15, 2014.

1. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I am always looking for ways to try and make my money go a little further, and one of the things that I have found works the best is my rewards credit card. Mine is for Tesco, and I get 1 point per £1 that I spend in store (and a bonus point every £4, so 5 points per £4) and 1 point per £4 everywhere else. I also get discount vouchers and bonus points codes that I use whenever I possibly can. By doing all of my spending on that card (and paying it off right away so that I don't have to pay any kind of interest on it) I can accumulate a good amount of rewards vouchers each month. I usually save them for Christmas, as it means that I am then able to get things for free and sometimes have a little left over to treat myself as well.

Of course, you have to make sure that you have the discipline to avoid spending money that you can't afford, but if it is money that you were going to spend anyway, it makes sense to get some rewards if you can!

What about you? Have you done things like this in the past?

2. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    If you fly a lot then getting a credit card that gives you points to frequent flyer miles is the way to go. I have flown internationally several times for free because I would pay everything with it. If you are short on cash you can always sell the points to anyone that's willing to buy it. There will always be someone out there that want cheaper airfare.

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely adore Amazon's reward credit card. I always use it with every purchase and a percentage of every purchase is turned into 'points' that I can cash in at Amazon. It doesn't matter where I use the credit card, it will always accumulate points that turn into cash for any purchase on their website. It's a great deal. There's no fee for the credit card so I use it wherever I go, pay my bills on time, and reap the rewards with free items, gifts, and other types of purchases from Amazon's website.

4. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    I like rebates much, much more than rewards. They add up so much more quickly.

My card offers 6% rebates on groceries, for example.

But rewards are also nice, especially when I get a free flight or a hotel stay during the holidays. I usually check if they offset the annual fee, though. If they don't, I move to another card company. :)