Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Amanda K • Sep 15, 2014.

1. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    My mother is on the way to pick me up and take me to Red Lobster. I'm trying to lose the baby weight and eat more healthily in general. How can I resist the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I need to figure out a game plan for a healthy meal at Red Lobster. Also, I'm vegetarian, and I don't eat seafood. Red Lobster was, of course, my mother's choice- but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Can anyone remind me of how loaded with MSG the biscuits are, or just scare me away from them. I'm thinking I will have a salad, a baked potato, and some sort of vegetable. How do you eat healthily at Red Lobster?

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Those things have tons of calories and salt! Not to mention they are rolled around in fake butter. If you are eating vegetarian you should have no problem getting a healthy meal. Have them put dressing on the side and get an oil based dressing, not a creamy white one. Watch what goes into your baked potato if it comes with ingredients to mix in yourself.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe the cheddar bay biscuits are just Bisquick mix biscuits with some cheese stirred in, and basted with butter and sprinkled with Old Bay. I don't believe there is any MSG in them, but don't quote me on that. A little butter here and there is not going to kill you. I would just make a commitment to yourself to only have one or two with your meal, and don't snack on them before your meal comes out.

You should also specify to the server that you want the baked potato toppings on the side, since many restaurants will put things like cheese, butter and sour cream on the potato directly before serving it to you. Same goes for the salad, particularly if you order a Caesar salad, they almost always dress those beforehand.

They also probably offer some steamed vegetable side dishes you could get to go along with your baked potato.