Discontinued Products You Miss

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Sep 15, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:

I just read today that a famous soda from the 90s is making a comeback, supposedly due to an online group that remained persistent and vigilant in making it known that there was a demand for it. I've never tasted this soda before, but I thought that this was a very interesting occurrence and I'm now wondering if it could possibly apply to other discontinued products that garner enough attention.

Do you know of Surge, and do you like it enough to buy it on Amazon now that it is available there? Are there any discontinued products from the past that you would love to see brought back?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are too many. They always discontinue my stuff. I liked banana Nesquik, regular nuggets Tyson Anytizers, Campbell's Condensed Chicken and Dumplings and most of all sherbert cyclones. I am still failing to see why they got rid of the cyclones. They were so good.

3. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with Nickchick. If I like something, I'd better stock up because its days are numbered. This mostly applies to beauty products. I'm still mourning the loss of Clinique's Grapevine chubby stick and Victoria's Secret Azurine lotion. The Fresh Market just stopped making their blondies. This is making me sad, as they would be perfect for a rainy day like today.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I remember surge! I loved it when I was younger...I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it now :p I had a favorite kind of shampoo but the brand discontinued it for whatever reason. I loved the formula and scent. Recently I saw a blog post online about a guy who mourned the discontinuation of his favorite socks from costco. He wrote them a letter and in return they shipped him five pairs of old stock! What customer service. I wish I had done that with my favorite shampoo. I've looked for it at outlet stores...no luck.

5. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lofty air-castle scheme of starting a mail-order discontinued product business. I would pay several times retail to get a few more bottles of my old favorite perfumes. Even makeup- if it's sealed- should be ok. I feel for the man and his socks. It was nice of Costco, but five pairs will not last for long.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There was this brand of ice cream sandwich that was sold during the early to mid-90's. The name was Tivoli Funwich, it was an ice cream sandwich which was available in 2 flavors, chocolate and vanilla. The owner of Tivoli discontinued it because he said that if their products or company isn't number 1 or 2, they close it down. This is what happened to Tivoli. So sad to have lost a good product.

7. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I don't remember the Tivoli funwich. it must not have been available in our area. I do remember Jello pudding pops. I miss them and their commercials. We also used to love these things called "bon bons." They were little chocolate-covered nuggets of ice cream. I'm crying one sad tear as I remember them. They were the perfect snack for "Married with Children."

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I miss Jello pudding pops, Dunkin Donuts breakfast cereal, and several different scents and models of Glade air fresheners. It sucks when you buy all the "hardware" for a certain air freshener, like the plug ins or the bamboo diffuser, and then they discontinue that air freshener, so you're stuck with a bunch of accessories for it.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't find my favourite skin lotion anymore. It came in a beautiful bottle that had an art nouveau print on it. The ingredients of the lotion were all natural and didn't contain any nasty chemicals. I used to buy it in my local health food store for years, but suddenly it disappeared. When I asked for it at the store, they told me that they didn't want to order any more products from that particular company, as they were changing their line of products. I googled the company, but it is a small and privately owned one, and they don't sell to the public. :(