What's your Favorite Animated Movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Spectre456 • Sep 15, 2014.

1. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of animated movies and they generally tend to be the type of movies that I actually watch without much information beforehand. I say this because I have such a hard time sitting down to watch a movie when it's not animated unless it sounds extremely interesting.
    I've watched almost every post 2000 animated movie and my favorite is by far the How To Train Your Dragon series. Now I've run out of things to watch and I was wondering what your favorite animated movie is. Maybe I'll find a hidden gem.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite is The Incredibles and Ratatouille. I don't exactly know why or what these films have that sets them apart from the rest, but these are the two that I somehow can watch over and over without tiring of it even one bit. I'm sure they have imperfections just like any other movie, but I guess it's just the type that appeals to me the most.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watched Monsters Inc recently and loved the movie. It's Boo who made me fall in love with that movie. She's my favorite animated character so far. But I suppose, OP, you've watched that movie. Since it's recommendations of good animations you seek, try the following movies:

Igor.
    Tinker Bell.
    The Iron Giant.

This one is very old but really good.
    The 12 Tasks of Asterix

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tokyo Godfathers, made by the late Satoshi Kon (who made the animated movie, Paprika). It was a touching story about three hobos and their adventures. It was a really quality movie.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Those two are great movies, and I understand your love for them. The Incredibles was good superherho fun, and Ratatouille is very heart-warming and funny as well.
    Of course I've watched Monsters Inc. it's a very fun movie.
    I've watched most of those movies, except for Igor, so I'll give that one a try. The 12 tasks of Asterix is a classic, I watched it when I was a kid.
    I think I've seen glances of Tokyo Godfathers while I was browsing channels, it looked weird and I never really gave it a chance though. I'll sit down and watch it one of these days, I might be missing something great.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite animated movie is Tangled and I came across this film by accident when my niece was watching it while I was babysitting her. I figured it kept her quiet and I wasn't doing anything and decided to watch the movie with her. I was into the storyline and she knew exactly what was going to happen next and kept telling me what to expect. I didn't mind because spoilers don't bother me and it was an animated film. Prior to Tangled, I guess you could say The Lion King was a movie I loved. I think I was 7 or 8 when it came out and my dad took me to see it at the theatres. So Tangled and The Lion King are 2 of my favorite animated films.

7. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I just love animated movies and I can't just name one or two favorites so here are my top ten (not in any particular order):

1. Monster's Inc.
    2. Tangled
    3. Shrek
    4. Up
    5. Kung-Fu Panda
    6. How to Train Your Dragon
    7. Despicable Me
    8. Ratatouille
    9. Astroboy
    10. Mulan

:)

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Toy Story will always be my favorite animated movie of all time, all three of them in fact. To me, nothing else can offer me the same feeling like what the Toy Story series gives me. The memorable characters, great animation, and amazing story all contribute to make it the best animated movie for me. Pixar never let me down.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite animated movie is got to be Coraline. I love that movie, great visuals and voice acting and the stop-motion animation was really really great. I also loved Ghost in the Shell.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Frozen, of course!! I know this is pretty popular now, but it's seriously probably my favorite animated movie ever. Before this I used to love The Lion King, Peter Pan and The Lady and The Tramp, those were my favorites. But I think none of those movies send out such a good powerful message to young girls of our generation as Frozen does! Plus, the movies just really funny!

11. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Spirited Away! I love that film by Hayao and the rest of the gang from Studio Ghibli. Too bad their not continuing on making any more great films since they already announced retirement. I also loved Kung Fu Panda and Frozen.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well besides Aladdin, I also love Hercules. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that movie. It's the other characters for me that make this movie replay worthy.

13. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that Lion King will always be my favorite animated film of all time. Although graphics and imaging have drastically improved since then, I still feel that the Lion King story is very gripping and compelling. Part two was good as well, but part one wins overall. Toy story from 1995 is also a favorite of mine. The characters were very cool and easy to get accustomed to. Disney makes great movies, but I like the older ones better.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Mr. Peabody and Sherman, because it's about history. I really like movies that are about history. I have learned from that history will always be chasing you and that you have to face it and not continuously run from it. And because from that reali*ation, when I put in my paper, I got an A.

15. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I love animated movies, a few of my favorites are Mulan, The Lion King and Fro*en. I sometimes feel to old to be watching them, but I can't help it, I've always loved them and I think I will continue to for as long as I live!

16. pjazzy48

pjazzy48New Member

Threads:
    My favorite animated movie is Disney's "UP". It is funny, poignant, and sends a great message. The animation is top notch also. But it is Disney so to expect less would be absurd. The story is very well crafted and the actors who were chosen for the voice overs were perfect. Who better to portray the grumbly old codger than the infamous "Lou Grant" actor Ed Asner. This movie had me run the gamut of emotions, from crying to hysterically laughing, and more. If you haven't seen it I recommend it highly.

17. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    A quick list of great animation movies I have experienced are:

[Japanese]

Princess Mononoke

Fist of the North Star

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie

Ninja Scroll

Sword of the Stranger

Barefoot Gen

[U.S.A.]

Simpsons Movie

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

The Incredibles

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Dinosaur (2000)

Mulan

Hercules

Iron Giant

Team America: World Police

Cool World

Fire and Ice

[Europe]

Gandahar

Les Maîtres du temps

Fantastic Planet

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OMG I forgot about Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I don't know why because I have loved that movie when I was little. This is another favorite of mine. It's a perfect blend of animation and real life action.

19. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like the animated movies of today that much because they're all CG and although it makes for great visuals it kind of takes away some of the artistic value. My favorite animated movie of all time was "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I love that film. It's a perfect blend of visuals and overall fun experience.

I studied animation back in college and I have to say it's not easy to make those kinds of movies. Nowadays even a 10 year old can produce some sort of animated film but back then, using stop motion and clay and all those puppets require real effort and time.

20. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I really love some dark, twisted animated films by Tim Burton. One of my favorites is The Corpse Bride. The dark feel of the movie is really something that fascinates me. The characters really looked creepy and just insanely cute at the same time. If you haven't watch this movie you should give it a shot, it's really great. :p