Lee Denim

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 16, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I bought two pairs of jeans from Lee about three months ago. It was kind of expensive, but I thought that I could splurge a bit because I needed new jeans. Also, I heard that the products of Lee are good, so whatever. Anyway, I don't wear them every day, so I was surprised to see that the color already faded. It's already frayed, too. I also don't work outside considering that I have an 8-5 job. I was wondering if any of you also experienced any untoward experiences with Lee? I'm kind of sad with my purchase.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, the frayed part for sure was made while you were walking, and the edges of the jeans were being dragged on the floor or on the cement street, correct me if I'm wrong, since I don't think washing machine can do that. As for the faded part, I guess you soaked it before washing it? But it's normal for jeans to fade anyway, I have owned pairs of jeans that get lighter and lighter after each wash.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I read an article that said that a certain type of Lee jeans has been evolving with regard to the cotton they use. A type of Japanese cotton was used most recently that caused fading in the product. Maybe this is the thing that happened to your pair of jeans. The good news is that many offices are doing a 'Faded Friday' jean day - so who knows maybe the faded look will make you the hit of the office parties! :)

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I wore Lee jeans when I was younger but don't anymore because I don't see the brand in stores where I live. The fraying, depending on where it is located, could have been caused by you repeatedly stepping on the bottom of the jeans. In terms of the color fading have you been washing them often? When you wash jeans I read it is recommended that you wash them inside out in cold water and let them drip dry because this causes the least amount of fading and also doesn't cause the jeans to become misshapen.