Spam forum posts

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by eppie • Sep 16, 2014.

1. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know where to report this >> I viewed all the recent posts a while ago and I noticed that this member

has made a lot of spam posts. I hope the admin would do something about it as the posts are really annoying. :(

2. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    There really should be an option next to the member's name in which it gives the option to report the member/comment to the admin. This member's content is just utter rubbish and nothing more than a copy-paste of nonsense

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Have you already directly reported some of the posts?

Under every post, there is a bar that says "Give Reputation" and "Report Post." The latter will notify the admins directly and you can leave a note in there that tells them that ALL posts by that member are bad so they can ban the member entirely.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Jessi :)

Actually, I only opened one of the posts but seeing the titles among the lists of recent posts, I can tell that all of them are spam considering that it was only posted in one category. I wonder if it's an auto-spam post like those created by a software or something? :confused:

Anyway, thanks for reminding me about the Reputation/dislike button. I don't know if the admin monitors it but I'm going to visit a couple of his/her posts and will click it. There's so many (

) and disliking all of them would be a waste of time. :(

5. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    God damn. I'm blind as hell :D I never even noticed the "report post" button. Thanks for letting me know. Ignore my previous comment due to my blindness.

6. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    I reported one of the spam posts with a comment that said there were more. Hopefully the admins get them fixed up. I also gave one of the a dislike just for good measure.

7. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    You people are mean, maybe he just doesn't know english well or something, so what if he finds stuff off the internet to post? don't we all do that to a certain extent? I don't get the hate.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Reporting posts is all well and good, but as someone who has been doing this for years on many forums I have yet to find more than a handful of forum admins who will actually bother to deal with them. I don't come on here often enough to notice spam posts, but hopefully the admin will be prompt in dealing with them. :)

And the "report" buttons can easily be missed. :)

9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I think what he posts are actual spams, you know the stuff.

I also encountered another spam poster. I forgot the user name but this guy deliberately tells that he's just spamming to get his payment which is really annoying because what he posts aren't even spam they're just symbols and like periods and random key strokes.