"Dear iPhone 6 Users, Welcome To 2012"

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ohiotom76 • Sep 16, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    This cracked me up the other day, a friend of mine who actually works at Google shared this on Facebook.

10539186_10152628746494223_6143534168720501381_o.

It is true though, all these supposedly "new" features though have been on Android phones for years now. The sad thing is that Apple's fan base probably doesn't even realize this and genuinely believes that Apple is coming to the market with these features first when they are really just playing catch up and charging a premium price for a phone that is at best comparable to a two year old Android phone you could get for hundreds less.

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I assure you that NOT ALL Apple fans are that dumb. I switched to Android because I think that the iPhone isn't doing enough for me. I'm not really defending Apple fans but it's just so funny that most people think that just because somebody owns an iPhone or is planning on purchasing the iPhone 6 they're automatically labeled as iDiots or some other dumb names.

If they want to buy it then it's none of our concern not unless their using your money to buy one and if Apple wants to do this kind of thing it's fine, they're not really forcing you to buy their products in the first place. But I agree, Apple is really swallowing up their pride with this one and that Apple watch is really not clicking I think. But rest assure people will gobble this all up.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have an iPhone, so I'm just guessing, but I don't think it's really the features that people who buy these things are after. I think they are more fans of the flow of the system itself and if one or two features are missing, as long as the functionality and speed are solid, then they probably don't mind. From what I can tell, the premium they are really paying for is the functionality as a whole and not just the individual features.

4. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    People that are already Apple fans won't care in the slightest about this, they will eat it up like any new apple product because of the brand and "the looks" and they argue, looks more stylish than android devices or some just buy it because of its default lack of complex features and just want a phone that does everything by itself not leaving you with many options as to various small technical details, and if thats what you want I can respect that. But arguably android does offer more flexibility tech wise. I am the owner of a Galaxy S3 so I might be biased though, but I'm not taking sides, I'm just displaying the facts.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It's just funny how so many people really take this issue way beyond it's comfort zone. I think it's because it's Apple, the once king of innovation now the center of mockery and jokes. But seriously though, this joke is getting way too old to be funny.