Arby's Mountain of Meat

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Strykstar • Sep 16, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Have you seen this abomination?
    I don't see how a restaurant can be allowed to sell this, it can't possibly be safe to eat, s there no regulation to stop it? It seems like a public health hazard!

Here are the ingredients:

2 breaded and deep-fried chicken tenders
    1.5 ounces of roast turkey
    1.5 ounces of ham
    1 slice of big-eye Swiss cheese
    1.5 ounces of corned beef
    1.5 ounces of brisket
    1.5 ounces of Angus steak
    1 slice of natural cheddar cheese
    1.5 ounces of roast beef
    3 half-slices of peppered bacon
    bun

meatmountain770.

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Hey, they can't force you to buy it right? :)

That looks like something I might have to put on the bucket list to try. Although, it should probably be at the end of the bucket list, because I don't know how much longer I'd be around after eating that sandwich. I don't even know where you would start to try and eat that thing.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Wow I can't imagine trying to eat this. It's huge! I think this is just one of those novelty items like the double down. People will probably buy it for fun and share with somebody else (i hope). It would be quite a feat to try to eat it by yourself. I'd rather take the money and spend it on a nicer restaurant :)

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was reading about this a few weeks ago, I believe this started out as a misunderstanding from one of their ads which was intended to show that they offered more than just roast beef. It showed a stacked sandwich similar to the one pictured above, but shot more professionally, of course. A customer came into one of their restaurants and asked if he could order the sandwich in the picture even though it wasn't actually a menu item, and I guess they offered to make one for him. I think they are charging like $10 for one of them - but it depends on if the manager will agree to make one for you or not. They may decline if they are trying to avoid more people coming in and ordering these things, and backing up the cooks.

Although it looks super gluttonous, it's really not much more meat than you would get on a giant sub sandwich somewhere else. A large sub from DiBella's Subs has about just as much meat pictured here, for around $8 a sandwich. They are actually a great bargain because you can cut it into four and have leftovers for the next few days.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am speechless! And as a vegetarian, I'm totally beyond words. Are there really people who find this appetizing? Further more, are there folks who eat this??? I think if I sat next to a person eating this, I would be gaping at them. It's absolutely atrocious to look at.