Jansport

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 17, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Is Jansport really worth buying? For some reason, I really want to buy a Jansport backpack. I think this is somehow because many people consider it as one of the things that anybody should own. I read a lot of reviews about it being of good quality, too. Do you think that I should get a Jansport bag? If not, do you have alternatives? I really need a decent backpack for traveling, etc.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I had a Jansport backpack for school for years and it held up really well. This included being used to carry up to 4 text books at a time. If you are looking for something for travel I would also look into North Face backpacks, they also hold up really well and the one thing that sets them apart from Jansport is that North Face backpacks tend to have significantly more pockets which can be nice to use instead of throwing everything into one of two or three compartments of a Jansport.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Jansport has been around since 1967 and that fact alone says something about their product. They have a lot of designs and styles to choose from PLUS they do offer a

for their bags. Though I don't know if this warranty only applies to U.S. residents. :confused: But anyway, all in all I think it's really worth buying one.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have one that has lasted for over ten years. I would definitely recommend it! I have hauled it all over the country. The quality is good and it's worth the extra few dollars, in my opinion.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    It's definitely worth it to get yourself a Jansport backpack, it might be the last one you ever buy. They're very well made and can last for years, I personally had one that worked for 8 years or so, I had it since I was 12. After that all I did was send it back to Jansport and they just sent me a new one since they have a lifetime warranty. This new bag is still in great condition and I've had it for about 3 years now.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If that's the case, then it's like having a free bag until it gets worn out for the rest of your life, lol. I only bought 1 Jansport before, that was during 1999 and it said on the tag that it had something like 30 years warranty. So I guess that 30 years is valid from the day you bought the bag. I sold it though when I needed cash and I wasn't using it anymore, so I don't know how long it would have lasted during my ownership.

I doubt Jansport offers such a thing in the Philippines, but in your case, were you able to choose the design and color of the bag that you want to be sent to you, or they send you the same model your bought but you can choose your preferred color?

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Jansport ever since. And whenever I buy a bag it's always the first one that I consider. It's very durable and really stands the test of time, but of course like all else it wears out, but be rest assured that when it happens, you have already used it to the point of great satisfaction! So yeah if you are considering buying a bag and you are rooting for a Jansport one, give it a try.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have one that I've been using for years and I gave up on it way earlier than it did on me because it actually still holds up very well and I only stopped using it because I got some new bags that were cleaner and more stylish. I still have it in case I need a back up thgh and I really like its durability even though I honestly don't like the look that much, but I don't really consider that as too much of a downside since the sturdiness far outweighs the need for a stylish look and it's not like it's that ugly anyway.

9. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    You should! Jansport bags last forever. I've used mine through 8 years of school and it is still going strong. When it gets dirty I just chuck it in the washing machine.

Although the casual styling is not for everyone. If you're looking for something more professional, there are a lot of quality bag brands. A good indicator is if they offer lifetime warranty. I have a bag from Forthpack that shows absolutely no sign of aging, even after going through storms and countless commutes with me.