Mid-season clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Gelsemium • Sep 17, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Summer has not come to an end just yet, it's still usually over 20ºC, but we have terrible winds and rains, meaning that most people don't know what to wear, especially in what footwear is concerned, because we want to be protected from the rain, but we don't want to be too hot. Have you experienced this? Any tips on how to go around it?

2. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    This is probably a thread for the girls, but I will give my guy perspective. I pretty I much just wear leather shoes with a good sole that has some grip. I try my best to avoid puddles and spray my shoes with a water resistant adhesive to keep the rain out.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't have any mid season clothing at all. I have flat shoes to go with almost anything, trainers, and boots, and will just choose whatever I feel is the most appropriate thing on that day. Because I am a freelance writer who works from home, if the weather is too bad then I simply won't go out at all - sorted. I always make sure that I have food in, and being stuck inside the house at least means that I am able to spend a little bit of time catching up on the housework or doing my accounts whilst I'm in between jobs. I always find that there is something to be done, and that is a great thing.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That is the issue with me as well Gemma and I believe that with most people because we are not used to the heat, heavy rains and wind at the same time, there are no clothes or footwear that satisfy all these requirements. Anyway, the problem is mostly outdoors because indoor we can dress as if it was summer.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am at the exact opposite situation as yours. We just started to leave winter and get into spring where I live, which is in the south hemisphere. Some days it's cold, some days it's really sunny and hot over here. So what we've been doing usually is wearing pants and jeans, with a sweater and carrying a heavier coat if it gets a little chilly.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    In transition months I always just try to layer my clothing so I can adjust if I get too warm or cool. I wear pieces like thin cardigans and lighter jackets if I need to cover my arms up. I'm not sure what to tell you about footwear though. I guess I mostly stick to wearing flats or sneakers, which are in-between boots and sandals.

7. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Florida so I can completely and utterly relate to your issue. Where I live, it'll be near freezing for a random two hours and then boiling hot the next. I've learned to always wear layers that I can pull off or put back on depending on the temperature at the time. It's near impossible to predict when a cold spurt will pass by or when the blistering heat will melt the skin from our bones. It's annoying, but somehow manageable... Again, layers are key. Wearing a tank top, t-shirt, and jacket helps tremendously. When it gets too hot, simply take the jacket and t-shirt off. When it gets colder, but not too cold put the t-shirt back on.. and if it grows even colder, put on the jacket. Shed or put on as needed throughout the day.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We have the same problem here in transition times...especially this year, when it's been so back and forth dramatically even day to day. I wear the same kinds of footwear regardless of weather (always closed toe of some sort) but the layering can be a problem. Not only that, but a lot of places don't know how to set their temp for the day...so it might be really hot out but uncomfortably cold inside or vice versa. I usually settle for long pants, a short sleeved top and then just bring a jacket with me for potential layering. It is a little annoying though, when you never know what to expect at all.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Where are you from Jessi, that is exactly what's happening here where I live. For example, yesterday I brought my sandals because the temperatures are above 20ºC, it's really hot especially indoors, but at the same time it rained all day and we had floods. Come on, we are not in a tropical country!...