Charities You Support

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Sep 17, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been growing more and more interested with animals lately, and I recently came across some videos listing some of the most endangered species on earth, and I found it very sad that we are making some species extinct as humans when we already know enough on how to keep them alive even if we hunt some, so I am thinking of getting involved in some charities that help in preserving some of the nearly extinct species, and I only wish that I grew more conscious of this sooner as back when I was younger I did not really care as much and merely brushed it off, but now that I am a bit older I can appreciate the beauty and magnificence of these animals a lot more.

What charities do you get involved in or would want to get involved with, and why? Do you have any further plans apart from donating?

[video=youtube_share;7DYwMVQJr4k]http://youtu.be/7DYwMVQJr4k[/video]

2. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    It's for mostly selfish reasons, but I support the charities which have affected me directly. Like most of us, I have friends and family members who are affected by Diabetes, Breast Cancer, MS, etc. so these are the charities that I go out of my way to support. I donate and partake in many of the social events in an attempt to raise money and awareness that we can work together for a cause. I believe it's just about passion though. I'm not attempting to dissuade you or anyone else, but I just can't get as passionate about saving the Iberian Lynx from rabbit poaching.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    There are three groups I support on a regular basis. One is a no kill shelter that is amazing, but they have so little funding it's really just sad. I enjoy donating my time, money and supplies to them because the people who work there are really doing such a wonderful job. I also donate to cancer causes, even though I have been lucky enough to not have it affect me I still consider it everyone's problem. Lastly I donate to a charity that helps the homeless find jobs and move into group style housing.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I have the means, I would want to get involved in PAWS, because PAWS over here in my country is overflowing with strays and they also don't have enough funding. They badly need pet food too, I watched about it on tv. I think if their office was only near my place then I would like to go over then and volunteer to help them in my own little way.