Best Features For Your New Car

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 17, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    When looking to buy a new car, what are the most important features that you are going to look for?

With technology advancing as quickly as it is, and with new features "popping up here and there" on the new models of cars that are being manufactured, such as keyless start, anti-lock brakes, and GPS navigation systems, we've got "choices galore" when it comes to the many options and "accessories" that we can add to the vehicle of our choices: some being absolutely necessary, while others are merely for embellishment.

So, what do you think are the best features that we should look for in a vehicle? Especially considering the new developments that are out there?

Do you think that some of these "add-ons" are too much?

Let me know!

2. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    If I'm comparing similarly priced new cars, generally they have many of the same features. What is important for me are warranties, the cost of insurance, safety ratings, fuel economy, and comfort. I also like to check out the boot space as I like to make sure it has a big boot.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Super-agreed! There are definitely certain features of a car that will never change, in terms of what would be best for us No matter how many technological innovations come forth and "dangle the carrot" before our eyes, we need to make sure that we're still alert, so that those features that we can't do without, don't pass us by!
    We're gonna need a good, solid warranty, because cars are man-made, which means that they're bound to do certain things that we either don't understand, or that we know are problems, problems only knowledgeable mechanics and technicians can assess and fix for us. And let's not even talk about insurance! The cost of insurance nowadays sometimes makes us wanna bawl for mercy! But we need insurance, just in case "the unwanted happens".
    We definitely need our safety ratings, because we need a guarantee that a car has been proven to withstand the "wear and tear", and actually prove faithful.
    Good fuel economy will allow us not to be plunging into our pockets for gas money, and comfort is a natural necessity, because it's all good and well if a car is safe, reliable AND fuel efficient, but if it doesn't feel that great to drive, then we're still only halfway there: we won't love it.