Your Most Embarrassing Holiday Mishap!

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 17, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Holidays are awesome, filled with cheer, family, friends, and love, but there are those moments about certain holidays, certain...memories, that, in all truth and honesty, we'd like to forget!

Whether it's that time you were baked to lobster perfection under the sun in the summer when you went to the Caribbean, or that time when one of your relatives had a little too much to drink, and exposed parts that were never meant to be seen by all who attended...

Whichever it was, I'm sure you had a particular holiday memory that you hold as your most embarrassing memory!

So which one was it? What was your most embarrassing holiday mishap? And don't forget to mention the holiday on which it occurred!

Start us off!

2. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    For me it usually involves too many cocktails and a dance floor. My partner loves taking photographic and video evidence of me trying to get everybody to dance. But you know what, the kids are always really into my silly dancing and love to try and show me up. I still cringe when I watch it all later when I'm sobered up.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't really remember anything outstandingly embarrassing about any of my holiday trips. I think I must be a seasoned traveller. I am always curious about foreign customs, polite and friendly. I never get drunk or out of control in any way. I also always ask three times if I am not sure about a certain thing, as I like to avoid any kind of frictions or disagreements. My kind of holiday tends to revolve around "smooth sailing". :)

4. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Oh mannn, lol. That's surely rich though! It must realllllyy generate a bellyful laughs, amongst all who watch those vids, at your expense of course!
    Well, at least your kids approve! They seem to love when you've gotten, what is it they call it now?? "Turnt?!" lol. You must truly be the life of the party, and an absolute joy to be around when you let loose like that!
    Hey, your partner loves it as well, so I'd say keep on doin what you're doin! Because you've got the whole crowd mooin! lol. Okay, jokes aside, it's good to have a great time around friends and family, and I think that you're family treasures these moments very much, so much so that they record them and then laugh on repeated occasions, it seems!
    Perhaps stick to the "virgin" version of the cocktails, and save your sanity, lol. Let the designated driver know it's her turn that night, and that you're ready to have and start...a great time!
    Nice one :)

5. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Wow, it's so great to know that you're not only a seasoned traveler, but that your experience has taught you to be aware, alert and assured at all times.
    My mom always said to me: "Don't exchange sure for unsure," which, as you may be able to figure, that when we have the opportunity to truly ascertain the facts, and know what we're about, we shouldn't "dash those opportunities to the drains" and allow the knowledge to slip out of our grasp.
    We have to hold on to the safe practices that we have been taught and that we know have proven true, even if not for us, but for others. And, it's always important to keep your wits about you.
    No offense to persons from foreign countries, but we are tourists in their land, which means that we are far from accustomed to the practices, norms and "way of life" there, and in an attempt to look as though we "blend in", we should not make ourselves out to know what we really don't know, because we might either become embarrassed, lost, or even...taken!
    Continue to stay wise and alert, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise!