Worst customer service you've ever recieved?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Riggy • Sep 17, 2014.

1. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    We've all been there. We feel as if we're not cared about and they couldn't care less about us. Share your stories!

2. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    Twice I've joined gyms and set up autopay with them for my monthly fee, and twice they kept charging me even after I cancelled my membership agreement. What a pain to deal with! This was about ten years ago. If I were going to do it again, I'd give them one of my "virtual debit card" numbers from my Paypal Prepaid Mastercard. I love having that ability. Whenever I think I may want to cancel something later on, I just make a virtual card account. After you cancel the service you no longer way to pay for, it's so simple to just go in and shut off that virtual card. This little service can save so much hassle.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Costa coffee in Oxford, she could barely speak English, put milk in my tea when I specified no milk, was rude the entire time. I got £7 worth of free Costa points though after complaining.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Net10...long story as to why I was wasting time with them at all, but it was terrible. Took forever to get anyone, plus ages on hold each time the inevitable "I'm gonna have to transfer you" (to someone else who can't handle it) came up...very, very hard to understand and it didn't seem as though they understood English terribly well to begin with. Western Union was pretty bad too, they had cancelled a transaction and couldn't explain why or what had happened, no apology, no attempt at an explanation, just implied that I should "just be happy" that my money was being refunded at least.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    1&1. They are a domain registrar who claim they are the best. You can obtain a domain name from them for $1. While that may sound like something great, once you purchase the domain name, that's the last time you'll hear from them. They won't help you with ANYTHING else. So I bought a domain name from them and had some issues which needed some with technical knowledge to help me. I sent an email, didn't hear from them. Called their office. It appeared like the person I was talking to knew nothing. I realized that I'd rather lose the 1 buck rather than waste my time trying to get any assistance from them.

Don't ever buy a domain name from 1&1.

6. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    Every telco service ever. I'm yet to have a good experience when I need help with my telephone or broadband. Sometimes I am flat out lied too, other times they don't know what they're doing, passed around every department, and often I am left on hold forever and then eventually the line goes dead.

7. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    Actually the worst treatment from people in official positions I've got was not from any commercial costumer service, or if I did I always ignored it because, I've said this before, Its just a 1 minute or less interaction in which I don't even look at their face most of the time I just wait for my product to be taxed and then I am off.

But rather the worst treatment I got was from snide secretaries. At my high school, then in college, every secretary I ever came across, whenever you asked them something or some secretarial information that you could get nowhere else, they had this attitude towards you like you had just woke them up at 3am in the morning at their own house, out of bed to ask them about whatever. And I was just as polite and nice as I could but still they had that attitude, which was so severely bothering me. I was on the brink of telling them out right, "why the hell are so crass towards me, what the hell did I bother you with?"
    Bloody annoying that is.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion BlueHost has given me the WORST customer service I have ever experienced and I can't wait for my contract to run out with them so I can tell them to shove it and move to a more reliable host. They go down multiple times a week and deny it is happening, you go and look at their Twitter support account and will see so many people complaining about their sites being down and BlueHost will just say "nope, its working from our end". Last night I wanted to talk to someone on live chat and it quoted a a time of 35 minutes, it took nearly FOUR HOURS for me to eventually get through to them!

What annoys me even more is the amount of people who still promote them because they pay $65 for new clients.

9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    So I called my ISP because I was experiencing trouble with my connection. It's really nothing major but I had to use the internet really bad that day so I wanted it fixed. I called up and I get this lady which sounds really nice.

So I told her the problem and she gave me that generic customer care BS speech they all do. And I asked her if they'll be able to fix it within the day and she told me that "You're connection has some issues, I'll give you a tracking number for your status blah blah blah" and I told her that yeah I get it then I asked again if I can expect a fix within the day and she sighed audibly and told me the same thing but in a more annoyed tone which I don't get at all because all I'm asking is a simple yes or no quesion and she keeps on giving that BS about my connection.

After that I hang up and called again and the same lady answered my call but now it's not about my connection it's about my disconnection from their service.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My old ISP had a pretty bad customer service, but I don't blame the employees that much. I called them to do something about my internet going down for days and even weeks and the service representatives didn't seem to be trained too well and couldn't give me much consolation or confirmation on when exactly the technicians were coming, and considering I was already feeling frustrated at the time I think I handled it pretty well. Needless to say I am now on a different ISP and I'm very happy win the current service, and I'm just glad I had this alternative option.

11. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    God damn, there are all sorts of stories from loads of places here. Maybe there should be some place where you file a complaint and that place deals specifically with stuff like this? That way you can try to get something out of it and you don't have to deal with the company/shop/service anymore? Is there such a place or company?

12. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    :(

The worst customer service I have ever received has ALWAYS been at Wal Mart! It never fails... the store never has anyone walking around to help you if you have a question or need help finding something. I end up wandering around the store wasting my time.

When it's time to actually check out there are never enough cashiers. I have had to bring back my frozen items to the freezer because I have waited so long. The managers never care and just brush off all complaints. It is my last choice for shopping. If you do see me in there it's because I'm desperate! :( Thanks for letting me vent... that felt good :)

13. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing beats Comcast. I get tired of complaining about them in a way because it doesn't do any good. There has been too many times where they cut off the internet or had an outage that I've had it. In a nutshell of how stupid they are, my mom once said about how she couldn't get a dish they tell her "why don't you get your landlord to cut down the trees?" Don't try going high up the ladder. Last time we did that the lady was so nasty she insulted me before I even said one word.
    At this point, they'd have to pay me to use their service to even begin to redeem themselves.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My ex didn't pay his Comcast bill, so the guy came to pick up the equipment. My ex wasn't home and I was moving out. The Comcast guy wanted me to break into my ex's locked bedroom just to give him the cable box. He wouldn't leave without it. (My ex had his bedroom locked because I was moving out and I guess he didn't want me to retaliate or do anything to his stuff.)
    Anyway, the Comcast guy waited for almost 2 hours until my ex got home from work and gave him back the equipment. That seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a basic cable plan.

15. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    My worst customer service experience was with a StraightTalk service rep. I called because I was having problems with my data service and she got very rude and hung up on me. I only get 3gb a month and I have a data tracker on my phone to make sure that I do not go over. I tried to explain the situation but she steady insisted that I went over my data limit. When I asked to speak to someone else, she hung up on me.

16. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Went to KFC today on the way home from work, wanted to get a few of those pot pies for me and some friends for later in the evening. They explained to me that they had 1 pot pie left. Keep in mind, usually some fast food places says..... "we have one left but if you wait a few, we are cooking/preparing more" of an item they're out of. But the woman behind the register told me they were OUT of pot pies. And had 1 singular Pot Pie left. I was amazed.... they were out of a menu item at 5pm, rush hour time!

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's when I called the mobile phone operators here in our country, and on some calls they were not able to solve my problem, but when I called again, the more responsible CSR was able to solve the problem for me. I guess some just don't give good customer service and won't make the extra effort aside from giving the usual scripted responses.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah it doesn't shock me. They are ruthless when you don't pay your bill. Luckily we never had to deal with them trying to get the equipment but that's why they would cut off the internet a lot. I know they don't care that I need the internet to make what little money I have but it still pissed me off and it got cut off at a time where the department to get it turned back on was closed every single time. The stupidest thing was they would encourage us to wait to pay and they said they wouldn't cut it off. Anyway I never believe anything they say anymore.

19. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My worse recently, I rented a house moved out, the owners sister was my local contact, the front door was one that needed to be locked with the key when you went out of the house, the sister was to come over and get the key on my last day there. No sister, I called her to find out what time she was coming over as I had been moving stuff all day and wanted to stop and get something to eat. She said she was not coming over to call her brother the owner, well I had packed his info, I sent him a email, your sister is not coming to get the key what do you want me to do with it, no reply. 2 days later I get a call bring me my key, I live 30 miles from you and no car, I don't think so. So any way I sent the keys overnight signature requested. They left the keys sitting in the post office for a week before they picked them up. It is hard to understand how some people think.

20. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to agree with Eric120 here. My college diploma was by far the most expensive purchase I have made. Yet, I was given next to zero help by administration in attaining it. Every single call I made had to begin with my whole life story, and ended with me having to come into the office with one document or another to correct something that had been mis-keyed before I could begin to work on the matter at hand.