Ove Glove

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Amanda K • Sep 17, 2014.

1. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    When my brother gave me this for Christmas several years ago, I'm sure my face visibly sank. It's not necessarily the most fun present. It's especially not fun for someone who considers boiling water to be a major cooking venture. However, this thing is an indispensable part of my daily life now. Since I had a baby, and had to grow up (sigh), I unfortunately find myself turning on the big square hot thing more often these days. But, I am still the same rough-and-tumble single gal on the inside. This means I cannot work a traditional potholder. I understand that a potholder is not a complicated piece of equipment, but I always end up either overshooting the Fabric with my hands or spilling hot liquid with them. Sometimes, pre- Ove Glove, I would just reach right into the toaster oven and grab what I needed. I figured my nerve endings had all been burned off during my waitressing stint. Now, I have the maneuverability of reaching right in there combined with the coverage of a traditional potholder. I give this product five stars.

2. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    I had to look this one up, because I was thinking it was one of those silicone oven items that were popular for a while. I see it has silicone on it, but it looks more like a handyman's glove with grips. I like it! It looks like something I might be able to control. These are definitely going on my Christmas list. (Yeah, I know, I'm Mz Excitement! ;) )

0002136306030_180X180.

3. LSJ-8

LSJ-8New Member

Threads:
    We don't have one, but we defiantly want one. I have used one at my uncle's house and the one glove is fantastic! This is defiantly on our to buy list. Unlike most, "seen on TV items", this one actually does what it says and it makes life a lot easier. I would recommend this product to anyone.

4. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for posting the pic, Ragtime Annie! I had forgotten what mine looked like when it was new. I have put a lot of mileage on mine. I'm not sure if this is "off-label" advice, but I have washed and dried mine umpteen times.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I've honestly wanted to get that for so long now because I bake and cook a lot and when I'm in a rush the last thing I want to think about is to look through my cabinets for an oven pad or something. Glad to hear it worked out well, maybe I'll look into buying one for myself and the boyfriend :)

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard about this one in a while...I'd always wondered if it was a worthwhile buy. I love cooking but I can be pretty clumsy with the potholders, too, and who wants to get burned doing something they enjoy? Thanks for the review, I'll definitely give it some thought =).

7. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    My mother bought the Ove Glove and she said that it works for her. She said it works better than the regular oven mitt. I used her Ove Glove once and it worked. I may end up buying one myself so I can use it too. Since this is shown a lot during Christmastime, I should be able to get one if I want one.

8. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    I just have to revive this thread for the sake of the Ove Glove! I love them. I do a lot of baking and cooking so it's so important to have the proper heat protection. Usually I'm freaked out by grabbing hot food out of the oven/grill but once I got the Ove Glove I felt super confident :) I don't require the most fancy kitchen tools and accessories but a dependable oven mitt is a necessity - and Ove Glove takes the win.

9. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I use these at work. They are pretty good, but if you have to hold e pan you took out of a 450 degree oven log enough to scrape out the contents into another dish, the heat will eventually go through. It's best to have two in these circumstances so you can switch to another cooled off one to reload the next pan.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, thank you for reviving this thread! I'd never heard of the Ove Glove before and now I really want one! It just looks so convenient - trying to grab things with a traditional oven mitt or potholder can be a real nightmare and it would be so much easier to have the full use of your hands.