Growing Your Own Produce?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by JoshPosh • Sep 17, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    Just wondering if any of you are growing your own fruits and vegetables? It saves money if you grow a lot of them and frequently.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I have a vegetables garden. I have okras, gingers, oregano, basil, guava, tomato, and eggplant. It really saves money especially if you love vegetables. However, it's really sad when your plants get devastated by pests and intense rains. One time, my plants were blown away when a typhoon passed by our region. I had to replant some of them, while the others didn't survive at all. You should try having your own vegetable/fruit garden. It's really fun.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a Rural area. Most people who live here are farmers. That's their occupation. If you live in such place then quite obviously you'll have to grow some of the vegetables and fruits you like. You have the land, can get the seeds so why not grow your own instead of buying all your veggies and some fruits?

So yeah, I grow most of the vegetables I eat.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a high rise so unfortunately my growing options are limited. I do have a small garden on my balcony and I grow tomatoes and hot and sweet peppers. I also have a small herb garden. It isn't much and probably doesn't save me a significant amount of money but I like having these things handy and I also like knowing I grew them without using one chemical.