Filtered water jugs

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Theo • Sep 18, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a water filter on my water bottle as well as water filter jug, but I don't change the filters as often as they recommend. How often do you change yours and do you think they recommend to change it often so you will buy more filters?

I change mine every four months, but it's not heavy use, a jug a day at most. I think the filter still works, but may be slower than a fresh one. The filters can cost more than buying a new jug at times, but is healthier and cheaper than buying bottled water.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The Zero brand filtered water jugs come with a sensor device that will tell you when it is time to change the filter. I would actually highly recommend Zero over Pur or Britta because it really does in fact filter way more out than either of the other two do. You can seriously taste the difference, it's like buying distilled water. Plus their filters last a long time. I think I would only change mine like every 3 months with pretty frequent use. I had the big pitcher device, with the spout at the bottom. The only drawback with Zero's filters is that they are slow to filter the water. So when you initially try to fill it, you need to keep coming back like every 10-15 minutes and topping off the top of the container with more water until the bottom fills up completely. It's also a good idea to get into the habit of adding a little water every time you take a little water.

Even if you lose the sensor it comes with, you can tell when they need changed because when the water from them starts tasting like your tap water, it's time.