DIY wall clocks?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by chiofthenorns • Sep 18, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I heard somewhere that there are people who are making their own clocks. I searched online for the ways on how to do this, and I found this article. Here are some of the pictures, and you can check the article on this

35-630x671.

75-630x453.

13-630x630.

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I assume they don't mean the mechanism as well. They look pretty well made actually. I've never done anything like this myself. I doubt it would save money but it's something good to do as a little side project for fun.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, my thought as well...I've seen some cool looking DIYs too (a Doctor Who TARDIS one in particular ;) ) but it's mostly just getting a cheap, plain looking clock and turning into something more decorative and fun. Nothing wrong with it, but I'm not sure it'd be cost effective so much as just something fun to do.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    These are wonderfully made clocks. There are craft stores that sell the mechanisms for DIY clocks. The more complex the material the more expensive it is to produce. These clocks are not necessarily cheaper than the commercially-made clocks but are definitely unique. You can make one as a gift and theme the clock according to the hobby of the recipient. I personally like the bike wheel theme.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing that you buy the mechanism then get creative and build the rest yourself. It's easier to buy a 'complete' clock but I can see why some people prefer building part of it themselves - you learn a craft in the process and at the end, you own a personalized item. Personally, I'm not creative or skilled enough to build one myself, I'd rather buy a clock and be done with. They look sweet tho'! :D