Playtex bottles or regular bottles

Discussion in Product Reviews started by brittanytruskosky • May 21, 2012.

1. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Hello I was just curious to know what type of bottles everyone prefers for their babies.

2. hellocitty

hellocittyNew Member

Threads:
    I really like regular bottles. I found the playtex inserts to be messy. Also, the playtex bottles that hold the inserts need to be washed because they get formula on them. You aren't really saving any time with using the inserts. My daughter also didn't like the playtex nipples.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say even though mine are all grown now, try using regular bottles because I think they are better for the baby. I only used glass bottles because they were better and you could also tell if they were sparkling clean so the baby wouldn't get any germs.

4. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I just bought the cheap backs of 3-5 Gerber bottles. They were usually like $2 for 3 bottles. With both of my children, those fancy bottles that are supposed to help reduce colic and gas, tended to give my children more gas and caused them to be collicy.

5. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Avent. We've tried Playtex before but my son didn't like them. Avent helps with colic and they're very durable. We only change the nipples from time to time. We've had them for 17 months and they're still good as new.

6. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    My wife and I used the Avent bottles for both of our kids. It seemed to really cut down on the amount of gas they got and like Melapie said they were durable! Melapie did you get the steamer for sterilization? I still use that thing on items I want sterilized and it works great still!

7. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Whatever baby bottles mothers use, be careful of the chemical BPA being in the material, of which they are made. They are just now banning the chemical, from being used in baby bottles

8. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I like just the regular bottles. I had the Playtex AirVent type and they were okay at first. You have to put 4 pieces together every time you use them. I didn't really mind that, but I could only use half the nipples because the slower flow ones nothing came out. My son would cry and I didn't know what the problem was at first. Then they have a soft part in the bottom that got warped after cleaning them and the bottles started leaking. That was my biggest complaint. It was near the end of my son having bottles, but still I think they should've lasted the whole time. I bought 2 cheap ones to compensate for the ones I couldn't use any longer and they were way better. Next time, I would just get the cheap ones.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have a newborn at home, currently 8 weeks old. When we bought bottles, we went for the fancy Avent pack that had the drying rack and 5 bottles with the converters to sippy cups and dry formula storage cup. We thought it would be awesome until we tried feeding her out of the bottles.
    1) The nipples of the bottles are the fastest flow I have ever seen. When you flip the bottle over, it literally shoots out of the nipples in a heavy, steady stream. Way too much flow for any newborn
    2) The "leak lock" doesnt work at all. Between the opening of the bottle and the top with the nipple there is a ring with a little rubber around it that serves as a lock tight mechanism to avoid spilling and make the container air tight. This has not worked at all for us. Every time we would feed our little angel the bottle would leak. We tried tightening, loosening, putting it in upside down, alternating bottles - nothing. It simply doesnt do its job
    3) The nipples on the inside have these spirals make of the same material of the nipple with make formula mixing a pain in the ass. When you finally manage to put everything together on the bottle and start to shake the formula, these spirals cause the formula powder to clump up while mixing and the clumps stay stuck in the nipple. So you have to stop what you are doing, grab a sterile item and declog the nipples and then start mixing again and hope that no other clumps get stuck in the nipple.

After we have that experience and our